• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

"STAR TREK Into Darkness" - 2013

Started by Rico, June 17, 2009, 04:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poodyglitz

Rico

Some cool comments from Zachary Quinto about filming the next movie...

Getting back together with everybody was amazing. It was a little bit awkward because we've been away for four years, so for all of us to kind of find our footing again, just in relationship to shooting the movie [was a challenge]. But there's such a great connection between all of us that we were able to find our way pretty quickly.

Well, it's bigger and bolder. And I think in some ways more dynamic. And it's so exciting to be back. And the first time there was a writer's strike when we were shooting the movie so nothing was able to be changed – the script was locked. And this time Bob [Orci] and Alex [Kurtzman] and Damon [Lindeloff] and J.J.[Abrams] are really getting in and working on the story and sort of allowing it to expand and evolve – and bringing us into the process. So there's a real collaboration that wasn't even legally permitted the first time that I feel really grateful for. We're having a really great time.

Feathers

It's probably easier to have that sort of script collaboration once they've all played the parts for a movie. Locking it down for the first one may not have been too bad a thing.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

Here's a cool little video from the set with Simon Pegg and Karl Urban wishing Judge Dredd a Happy Birthday.  You don't get to see much at all about the Trek movie, but it's still neat.

http://youtu.be/elmeQVFKe8c

Meds

Al posted this earlier on another thread called Dredd talks. Great little video, you see a  bit of Urbans uniform.

Rico

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on February 23, 2012, 03:15:11 PM
Al posted this earlier on another thread called Dredd talks. Great little video, you see a  bit of Urbans uniform.

Ahh, I see that now.  The video has kind of dual purposes so it's cool to have both up. 

Geekyfanboy

First Set Photos From the Next Star Trek Movie!
Source: MTV
February 24, 2012

MTV has posted these first two photos from the set of J.J. Abrams' next Star Trek movie that feature Spock (Zachary Quinto) and Uhura (Zoe Saldana) facing Benedict Cumberbatch.

The film also stars John Cho, Bruce Greenwood, Simon Pegg, Chris Pine, Karl Urban, Anton Yelchin, Alice Eve and Peter Weller.

The movie is scheduled for a May 17, 2013 release.

Read more: First Set Photos From the Next Star Trek Movie! - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=87434#ixzz1nKDkO4GB

Bryancd

Dangelus

Poodyglitz

Feathers

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

WOO-HOO!!  Phaser looks maybe slightly different.  Spock's communicator looks about the same, but a bit hard to tell for both.  Glad to see they are keeping much of the look in terms of uniforms from the last movie since I liked those costumes a lot.  I'm expecting now the floodgates are going to open up with a bit more info as we go forward.

turtlesrock

O.O WAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
super excited! whooo!!!!

Dangelus

Looks like Cumberpatch is a Starfleet cadet, or at least is wearing one of their uniforms. You can make out the insignia on his shirt.

Rico

They look like they could be brothers.  If Cumberbatch is fighting Spock like that, he can't be an ordinary human.  I keep thinking Gary Mitchell - or even Gary Seven.  But I don't think they are reusing a TOS character.  Could even still be Khan.