• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

"STAR TREK Into Darkness" - 2013

Started by Rico, June 17, 2009, 04:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dangelus

Can't they just tell us the plot already?!! Lol :)

Rico

Quote from: Dangelus on January 07, 2012, 12:50:41 PM

Just hope the story is better than the story of four years of work to get us this sequel!  LOL!

Rico

Here's a breakdown and picture showing the guest cast actors that we know of so far for the movie.

turtlesrock

Quote from: Dangelus on January 07, 2012, 12:50:41 PM
well you know what they say, the best kind of prize is a sur-prize! :)

Rico

Great interview with JJ at the link below about some of the recent casting.  Shooting starts this Thursday!!!  (1/12/12)

http://collider.com/jj-abrams-star-trek-2-3d-interview/136236/

ChrisMC

I have a good feeling, I think this sequel will exist in the Godfather 2, Dark Knight, and Wrath of Khan territory...I think the creative team of this movie make good choices and the casting shows it.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Rico

I agree completely Chris.  I think it's going to rock even more than the last film. 

QuadShot

Ok, I just got the scoop on the plot of the next Trek movie! Seems as if JJ is going to do some cross-franchising here. The crew of the Enterprise will find the worm hole through time that Nero used and go back to Earth on September 22 2004 and bump an airplane as it enters the Earth's atmosphere. Oddly enough, that airplane is an Oceanic Air flight # 815, and causes it to break up and crash land on an island. Of course, Kirk feeling quite guilty for causing this disaster decides to live on the island and help the survivors under the name "Jacob". Now, Spock, citing the Prime Directive, argues with Kirk and this disagreement develops into a serious battle in which Kirk, being more "powerful", imprisions Spock in a "smoke-like" form.
:) Hey, it could happen!!! :)

Rico

Paramount's official announcement of the start of filming....

Press Release

JJ Abrams Begins Production  On Next "Star Trek" Movie

Paramount Pictures announced that principal photography has commenced in Los Angeles, CA on the sequel to STAR TREK from director J.J. Abrams. The film will be released on May 17, 2013 in 3D. The 2009 re-launch of the "Star Trek" franchise by Abrams was met with critical acclaim and a worldwide gross of over $385 million at the box office.

Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions present a Bad Robot Production of a J.J. Abrams Film. Returning to their posts on the Enterprise are John Cho, Bruce Greenwood, Simon Pegg, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, and Anton Yelchin. They are joined by new cast members Benedict Cumberbatch, Alice Eve and Peter Weller.

Based upon "Star Trek" created by Gene Roddenberry, the film is produced by J.J. Abrams, Bryan Burk, Damon Lindelof, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci. The script was written by Alex Kurtzman & Robert Orci & Damon Lindelof.

Jeffrey Chernov, David Ellison, Dana Goldberg and Paul Schwake are the executive producers. The director of photography is Dan Mindel, ASC, BSC. The production designer is Scott Chambliss. The film is edited by Maryann Brandon, A.C.E. and Mary Jo Markey, A.C.E. The costume designer is Michael Kaplan. The music is by Michael Giacchino.

Also, nice LA Times story on it here too...

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/01/13/star-trek-sequel-a-cosmic-cast-reunion-on-the-sony-lot/

turtlesrock

AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEESSSSSSSOOOOOMMMMMMMMEEEE!!!!!!!
PARTY! PARTY! :laugh: WHOOOOO!!!!!!!
this is a start to something AWESOME!

davekill

Maybe Peter Weller is going to reprise his role as John Paxton, CEO of the Orpheus Mining Authority seen on Enterprise.
He was taken into custody at the end.
They could pick up that thread if he was put in stasis or did a little time travel.

His xenophobic 'Terra Prime' movement is could be back.

Poodyglitz

Quote from: Chris-El on January 10, 2012, 02:34:39 PM
I have a good feeling, I think this sequel will exist in the Godfather 2, Dark Knight, and Wrath of Khan territory...I think the creative team of this movie make good choices and the casting shows it.

Yeah, agree with you and Rico. I think they're smart and talented enough to pull this off. They've had enough time to think about it. :)

Dangelus

Quote from: davekill on January 15, 2012, 06:00:35 PM
Maybe Peter Weller is going to reprise his role as John Paxton, CEO of the Orpheus Mining Authority seen on Enterprise.
They could pick up that thread if he was put in stasis or did a little time travel.

Hmmm I wonder if they'd go there?

Poodyglitz

Quote from: Dangelus on January 18, 2012, 06:09:56 AM

No more time travel. I'm sure he'll be a different character.

Dangelus

Quote from: Darmok on January 18, 2012, 06:38:05 AM
Quote from: Dangelus on January 18, 2012, 06:09:56 AM

No more time travel. I'm sure he'll be a different character.

His son! :)