The Ultimate Trek Bachelor Pad!

Started by Omra, June 12, 2009, 01:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omra

Nice work on this Trek Crib!

http://www.24thcid.com/

It is a virtual tour, you will need Quicktime.

Geekyfanboy

We've posted about this on several threads.. I'll see if I can find them to merge.

Geekyfanboy

This is the guy that was trying to sell it for 1 million pounds on Ebay..

Did some investigating and saw that it didn't sale but he put it back up again on ebay for a very modest amount and sold for five times that amount.. here's the article.

Star Trek flat sold on eBay
Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A Star Trek fan who turned his flat into a replica of a Star Trek ship has sold it for a massive £425,000 - five times its market value.

Trekkie Tony Alleyne, 54, spent two years and £30,000 turning his one-bed studio flat in Hinckley, Leicestershire, into a detailed copy of the starship Voyager's flight deck.

He put his flat up for sale on internet auction site eBay a month ago with a guide price of £130,000 - £50,000.

But it has sold for five times that amount - £425,000 - when five fellow Trekkies began a bidding war.

The winning bid was made by a millionaire Birmingham businessman.

Mr Alleyne started work on the flat two years ago after his marriage broke down.

The flat has moulded wall panels, blue lighting and a "transporter room".

Last February Me Alleyne filed for bankruptcy after running up debts of £166,000.

He spent more than £30,000 converting the flat as well as £100,000 on marketing his firm, 24th Century Interior Designs.

But, despite going bankrupt, he refit the flat using income support payments.

Feathers

Income Support obviously pays out too much...

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.