• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Greetings All

Started by BluOcean, June 09, 2009, 08:23:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluOcean

:r2d2line
Hello everyone.  My name is Al and I've been listening to Rico for years now, and finally decided to get with the 21st century and log in here! First off, Treks in SciFi has got to be the BEST #$%@ podcast EVER! I truly enjoy listening to get my weekly dose of geeky goodness.
There's not a lot to tell about me.  I'm 44 years old (not ashamed to admit), currently finishing up my thesis for my MBA in Marketing.  My wife and I own a (small) video production company (yep...BluOceanProductions) that we hope to grow big enough that someday, George Lucas will notice us.  :starwars:  We live in Phoenix, AZ, which for some reason, seems to get hotter and hotter every summer.
Haven't seen the new Star Trek movie yet - like I said, been TOO busy writing my thesis.  But that's done on June 16, so guess what I'll be doing first thing! Besides a bathroom break?!
Thanks to everyone for putting this all together, I look forward to being involved as much as possible.  Thanks to Rico for dreaming up the best show on the "air".  Al
"You all ev'rybody!! You all.........ev'...ry.......body??" - Charlie Pace

SPOCKFAN

Rico

Glad to see you with us finally Al.  Welcome to the fun and good luck on the thesis. 

BluOcean

Data

Al welcome welcome get stuck in mate everyone is awesome on this forum you will have a great time  

Ry
"Commander. You just sit tight. We'll have this all fixed up in time for supper. "

Bryancd

Hey Al, fellow Phoenician here! I live in Fountain Hills and work in Scottsdale. Where are you?

BluOcean

Quote from: Bryancd on June 09, 2009, 08:57:26 AM
Hey Al, fellow Phoenician here! I live in Fountain Hills and work in Scottsdale. Where are you?
Very cool, er, hot!  We live in Anthem...My thesis advisor lives in Fountain Hills! Smalllllll world.

Meds

Welcome to the forums Al, you'll have a great time. :-)

billybob476

Dangelus

Feathers

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

moyer777

It's great to have you on board Al.  WELCOME!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Geekyfanboy

Welcome to the forums Al.. what does your production company produce or want to produce? I work in the entertainment industry out here in Hollywood.

BluOcean

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on June 09, 2009, 10:28:23 AM
Welcome to the forums Al.. what does your production company produce or want to produce? I work in the entertainment industry out here in Hollywood.
We produce just about everything we can :) We've done wedding videos (don't really like doing those, but, work is work), some local advertising videos, corporate training videos, some marketing video pieces for realtor and an education seminar company.  Also produced a couple of Scottish Highland Athletic DVD's. Ultimately we would like to film movies.  I've written a couple of scripts (nothing big or fantastic) that I wanted to shoot someday..
What do you do in Hollywood? Al

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: BluOcean on June 09, 2009, 10:54:41 AM
Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on June 09, 2009, 10:28:23 AM
We produce just about everything we can :) We've done wedding videos (don't really like doing those, but, work is work), some local advertising videos, corporate training videos, some marketing video pieces for realtor and an education seminar company.  Also produced a couple of Scottish Highland Athletic DVD's. Ultimately we would like to film movies.  I've written a couple of scripts (nothing big or fantastic) that I wanted to shoot someday..
What do you do in Hollywood? Al

That's cool.. yeah you need to produce anything just to get it out there and get your name known. I'm in the process of starting my own production company "Geekyfanboy Productions".

I've been a Production Assistant, Assistant Production Coordinator, Production Coordinator, backstage manager, Junior Assistant Editor, Assailant Editor, Editor and now for the past seven years a Post Production Supervisor. My currently show is Deadlist Catch on Discovery.