• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

"Force Unleashed" On Big Screen?

Started by Geekyfanboy, October 01, 2008, 04:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

"Force Unleashed" On Big Screen?
By Garth FranklinWednesday, October 1st 2008 12:11am

The modestly received video game "Star Wars: The Force Unleashed" might one day get the big screen treatment reports The Los Angeles Times.

The game's project leader Haden Blackman says "It's not impossible. Never say never. George [Lucas] has looked to tell new 'Star Wars' stories through the games and with the entire Star Wars Expanded Universe, and then he has also shown a willingness to let the characters come into the films. Look at Aayla Secura, a creation in the [Dark Horse] comic books who became part of the theatrical films."

Utilising a story that's admittedly more interesting than the prequels or recent highly-panned "Clone Wars" pilot episode movie, the game has you playing Darth Vader's secret apprentice Starkiller, a young man whom Vader rescued years beforehand. Highlights include visits to familiar SW planets, an under construction Death Star, using your powers to bring down a Star Destroyer, and duels against both The Emperor and Vader.

Dark Horse has also released a graphic novel version of the game which goes into much more detail and would likely serve as the basis for any script. Hunky and brooding "Battlestar Galactica" and "Smallville" actor Sam Witwer played the role in the game - would he come back for a film?

Bryancd

Be still my beating heart as I shudder in anticipation and wild hope! I read "The Force Unleashed" novel and thought it would make an awesome movie. And it does deal with Anakin Skywalker, the key to the SW films.

Darth Gaos

That would be sweet with a capital S!!!  I am glad somebody has read the book and likes it.  I have been a bit hesitant to pick it up but it sounds like Bryan would recommend it.
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

billybob476

I've also been hesitant to pick up the book. Perhaps I will.

Rico

Very, very doubtful.  The "Clone Wars" didn't do too well in theaters and this is even more obscure.  As an animated direct to DVD maybe or shown on TV.  A theatrical release, very unlikely.

Meds

It seems to me that we are being swamped by too much Star wars (never thought i would say that). A lot of my friends haven't seen Clone Wars on the cinema or the already released DVD series because they are getting tired of Lucas. And they are big Star wars fans. Weird.

trekkiegeek101

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on October 08, 2008, 02:29:11 PM
It seems to me that we are being swamped by too much Star wars (never thought i would say that). A lot of my friends haven't seen Clone Wars on the cinema or the already released DVD series because they are getting tired of Lucas. And they are big Star wars fans. Weird.
I can identify Star Wars is defeinitely my favorite sci fi series but I have avoided the Clone Wars movie like the plauge. This sounds like it could be a cool addition though, haven't played the game or read the comic but now I will definitely check them out.

X

I'm all over this if and only if Uncle George just sits back and writes the check for it. He can have final approval, but please no script writing or ideas to kiddy it up.