• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

500 Hours of Additional Star Trek Footage

Started by Geekyfanboy, May 20, 2009, 12:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Wow.. this can be really great if they do it right... what am I saying.. I'll be buying whatever they release.  :biggrin

Roddenberry to release Star Trek archival material

Roddenberry Productions—the company run by Eugene "Rod" Roddenberry, son of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry—has signed a $2 million deal with Toolbox Productions to release more than 500 hours of previously unseen footage from Trek series, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The Toolbox library consists of interviews with cast and crew, as well as behind-the-scenes material shot over the past 20 years, starting with Star Trek: The Next Generation and progressing through the three other spinoff series that followed.

The footage will be assembled for a video-based encyclopedia that covers Star Trek's mythology and characters, the trade paper reported.

Rod Roddenberry will appear as host of the DVD set, which will showcase the archived material in high definition. Talks with distributors are under way. No release date has yet been set.

Dangelus

Rico

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Meds

Data

"Commander. You just sit tight. We'll have this all fixed up in time for supper. "

Ktrek

This has the potential to be a great set or a disaster. It just depends on how the information is compiled. I don't have a lot of faith in Gene Jr. from what I have seen from him but I can hope for the best.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Dangelus

Did anyone ever watch the 'blooper' reel of TNG season one mixed in with some TOS footage WAY back in the day? I used to have it on VHS.

I wonder if we will get the bloopers too? That would be great. They were only circulating is VERY poor quality.

Meds

I've seen them on youtube Dan and yeah the quality is poor. I know Gene had the blooper reel done for Christmas shows and i think he leaked some of the footage though that may not be true i'm sure Rico will know. I'd love to see TNG bloopers that would be awesome.