• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Now on the geek side of things...

Started by Chief, May 18, 2009, 07:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief

I've been doing a lot of geek stuff and I thought I'd share some highlights.

Podcast
My podcast is doing ok. It's been a month since I posted the last episode but I've been getting a lot of attention lately. I think it will pick up soon. For the ones that don't know, the show it's called Webounaut's Diary and I admit I took a lot of inspiration from Rico.

The show is in Spanish, but I have a lot of non English speaking listeners. So far it's been a great experience.

Star Wars
As always, I've been very involved in the Star Wars scene in Mexico and I am now starting a series of keynotes for local conventions.

Next weekend I will be addressing a keynote for a con called ConComics. I'll be talking about the Asian influences in Star Wars. I might even do a little aikido demo. Not sure about that yet. It's going to be fun.

Star Trek
I just saw Star Trek last night and it's a blast. I simply loved it. I have some questions about it though. I think I'll post them over the dedicated thread.

The sad part? I had to torrent it since it hasn't hit the theaters because of the the outbreak. I will go to see it at the cinema as soon as I can.

Writing
I am writing a space opera novel and it's been slow. I plan to get back to work in a few days.

Gaming
Not much on that scene. I love my videogames but I don't have any console now, so I'm taking a break from them.

And I think that's pretty much it. I've been doing a lot of traveling, writing, picture taking... you name it.

Not too shabby, huh?

"The Needs Of The Many, Out Weigh The Needs Of The Few, Or The One..."
Mr. Spock

Rico

Feel free to link to your podcast here Chief.  Several people have started their own cast from here now.  All very good and enjoyable.