• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Rico got a Mini!

Started by Rico, May 13, 2006, 03:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Well, took the big Mac plunge today gang.  Got my first Apple Computer.  The Intel Mac Mini.  Where's the freaking maximize window button?!  Hehe!  It's a pretty slick piece of hardware, I have to say.  And I seem to have all my PC's and Mac networked and playing nice together - so far.  Lots to learn still!

Geekyfanboy

Oh Rico.. you have turned to the dark side  :starwars:

Rico

A bit yes!  Hehe!  Trying to learn how to do Podcasts on it now.

De

So Kenny, if Intel Macs are the devil's playground, is there some kind of underground community dealing in pre-Intel Macs now?  Good thing my old G4 still works :)

Chief

Congrats Rico! You will finally get some computing done. HEH

I am a mac expert so anything you need help with, let me know.

Man I really want one of those!

"The Needs Of The Many, Out Weigh The Needs Of The Few, Or The One..."
Mr. Spock

Picard_delta_5

rico, use garage band to make podcasts, it comes standard on all macs, i dont know that much though, im way better with PC's...
Star Trek Will Rise Again

Octeris

Yeah me and Rico have been toying with it. We instantly understood GarageBand was meant for podcasting and audio recording. The problem is doing some of things that are possible on Audacity on GarageBand.

Who knows, maybe I will start a podcast...

Riskygodfather

Yay, Octeris. You should make it on games, you seem to know a lot about them. And I've heard that Audacity is way better to use than Garageband, but GarageBand is much simpler. Am I right? Anyway, nice Mac Rico, I still prefer PCs better for their gaming capacitys, but macs are generally more powerfull, so grats.
"Do a barrel roll" - Peppy, StarFox 64
"Coincidence... I think NOT!" - Bear, Polkadot Shorts
"If at first you don't succeed... you fail" -Portal preview

Admiral Anthony Out

Picard_delta_5

well, garageband has some cooler features and some stuff is just way simpler than audacity... i havent really used garageband that much but it looks good. i only use audacity cause its the best free program out there, and they dont make garageband for windows... if they did, i would probably get it if the price was reasonable.

Rico

Well, gang I'm returning the Mini today.  Long story short, it just didn't have enough new features above what my PC's can do already.  While I think it's a slick little box, for a long time PC user like me it's not really much help.

Geekyfanboy

hallelujah.. you've seen the light  :biggrin

just kidding, I use Mac's at work and think they are great, but love my PC

sorry it didn't work out Rico

Rico

No biggie.  It was a test and I'm glad I tried.  But like I said, nothing I can't do on my PC's already.  Besides, I can buy more props and goodies now!  ;)

Geekyfanboy

Buying more collectable is always a good thing  :biggrin

Riskygodfather

Well, Spock's heart will be broken when he hears what you said about his precious Mac, but I have to say I agree with him in some ways where a Mac is better. The problem is the OS doesn't have enough good stuff to be superior to PCs.
"Do a barrel roll" - Peppy, StarFox 64
"Coincidence... I think NOT!" - Bear, Polkadot Shorts
"If at first you don't succeed... you fail" -Portal preview

Admiral Anthony Out

Picard_delta_5

HA, good move rico... as Kenny said, youve seen the light...