Game: Name That Starship Class!

Started by wraith1701, May 04, 2009, 04:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omra

I second that,...Daedalaus.  Or Daedalus,...however it is spelled?

X

Omra

Hah, I got me one too!

Bryancd

Dadelus!

OK going Old School! And as a bonus, name the original 7 Constitution Class starships!

Omra

I think JustX's is a Griffon class...

X

Bryancd

Quote from: Omra on May 05, 2009, 05:37:27 PM
I think JustX's is a Griffon class...

Olympic Class...had to look that one up. Everyone stop going to the data base! :)

Omra

Is that what Beverly was captianing in "Best of Both Worlds?"

X

Quote from: Omra on May 05, 2009, 05:43:35 PM
Is that what Beverly was captianing in "Best of Both Worlds?"
yep

Dan M

Quote from: Bryancd on May 05, 2009, 05:34:26 PM
Dadelus!

OK going Old School! And as a bonus, name the original 7 Constitution Class starships!

I don't know the class name of that one, Bryan, but I recognize it from the Starfleet Technical Manual.

As for the original Constitution Class starships, I come up with 9.  Is 7 a canonical number, or something from Franz Joseph or other supplementary works?

Enterprise
Potemkin, Excalibur, Lexington, Hood (The Ultimate Computer)
Constellation (Doomsday Machine)
Defiant (Tholian Web, In a Mirror Darkly)
Exeter (Omega Glory)
Intrepid (Immunity Syndrome)

Bryancd

No, I think I just miss counted, Dan! Nobody has named the ship I posted above yet.

billybob476

Quote from: Bryancd on May 06, 2009, 05:02:14 AM
No, I think I just miss counted, Dan! Nobody has named the ship I posted above yet.

I know it's a tug (containers attach to the base of the neck part) but I can't for the life of me remember the class name. My TOS tech manual is still packed in boxes!

Bryancd

Quote from: billybob476 on May 06, 2009, 05:16:27 AM
Quote from: Bryancd on May 06, 2009, 05:02:14 AM

I know it's a tug (containers attach to the base of the neck part) but I can't for the life of me remember the class name. My TOS tech manual is still packed in boxes!

LOL! Franz is hiding from you!

billybob476

Quote from: Dan M on May 05, 2009, 09:20:45 PM
Quote from: Bryancd on May 05, 2009, 05:34:26 PM
Dadelus!

I don't know the class name of that one, Bryan, but I recognize it from the Starfleet Technical Manual.

As for the original Constitution Class starships, I come up with 9.  Is 7 a canonical number, or something from Franz Joseph or other supplementary works?

Enterprise
Potemkin, Excalibur, Lexington, Hood (The Ultimate Computer)
Constellation (Doomsday Machine)
Defiant (Tholian Web, In a Mirror Darkly)
Exeter (Omega Glory)
Intrepid (Immunity Syndrome)

Don't forget the Constitution, NCC-1700. Though I guess it never showed up in the show, though traditionally the first ship of the class is named after the class.

Bryancd

Good catch, Joe! And that's why the refit Enterprise was re-classified as the Enterprise class, although we never did see another one.