• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Bea Arthur Passes Away

Started by Jen, April 25, 2009, 02:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

The actress we all loved from The Star Wars Holiday Special and Golden Girls has passed away. Despite the obvious fact she was ill suited to Star Wars, I still enjoyed the scene she appeared in—however bad it was, she still made me laugh...whether the laugh was the intended result or not. She as a comedian after all. I also loved her in the Golden Girls. I will miss her. Rest in peace Bea. :(

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/golden-girls-star-bea-arthur-dies-at-86/21766?nc
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Rico

Bromptonboy

Wow!  That is terrible news!  I loved her in 'Maude'.  One of my favorite episodes is the one where John Wayne makes a guest appearance.  The old order passeth.....
Pete

Geekyfanboy

This very sad news.. was a huge fan of The Golden Girls.. she will be missed.

Meds

Another Golden Girl gone, may she rest in peace.

Bryancd

"Thank you for being a friend..." Although I too really knew her from the Holiday Special and Maude, I wasn't a Golden Girls watcher but my wife was.

M-5

Bea Arthur passed away today.  This is a sad day.  My earliest memories of Bea Arthur were watching Maude in the 1970's.  I always liked her and thought that she was a great comedic actor.  I would have loved to see her play Auntie Mame.

May she rest in peace.

Captain BJ Wanlund

May she rest in peace.  I enjoyed her thoroughly in The Golden Girls.

BJ
Love Star Trek TOS & TNG (never really got into DS9, Voyager, or Enterprise).  Also love Star Wars (everything save for the prequels...), and Indiana Jones, and ElfQuest, basically anything remotely SF or fantasy is my bag, tho I tend more towards SF than I do fantasy.

moyer777

She was a very funny lady!  We will miss her!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Jen

"Just one more round friends then homeward bound friends...Goodnight, but not goodbye..."
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

X

I didn't realize how much I watched Golden Girls until this morning when people started singing the theme song and I sung every word without missing a single beat.