• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Interview prep & talk

Started by Rico, April 17, 2009, 10:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk-Fu

I am a firm believer in destiny. What happens was meant to happen. I can think of so many things about my past, that in hindsight I would have done different, changed, etc. However, had I done that, I likely wouldnt be where I am today, with my kids and my soulmate. And by destiny, im not inferring that there is an all powerful entity that leads us along like a grand game of The Sims. I just mean that where we end up, when it's all said and done, is where we led ourselves to. Sometimes it's a happy ending, sometimes not. But, the type of person we are and the life we lead, can have a major impact on how we feel about where we eventually end up and the path we took to get there. Rico, you're a good guy from all I have gathered listening to this show and lurking the boards, so it's safe to say that your decisions, experience, and gut feelings will always lead you to the proper place.
After Sept 11, 2001, I was unemployed for a while and finding a job was a nightmare. After a few false starts and even a small business venture with my wife, I ended up making a random phone call to a temp agency I had worked with before. They had one possibility, and its turned into the job I have had for over 5 years now. A production type job that has even turned in to an opportunity to put my 3D modeling hobby to practical real world use. Just weird. A blue collar job has put me in a spot to learn to use 3D design software that could one day lead to a better job. Had I rolled over and watched another episode of ER instead of making the call, well, what would that alternate reality have been like :-)

Sorry if I got long winded and/or boring, just been there and done that. Thought I would offer some words of encouragement.

RickPeete

I will echo what others have said here today.  On the journey of life, there are always potholes that throw you offstride for a bit.  The mettle of a man is how he adjusts and navigates through/around those potholes.  Having listened to you for almost two years now, I feel like I know you.  And from what I know, you are a strong, persevering person who sets and meets his goals with vision and determination.  These traits have and will continue to serve you well.

Keep your shades on cuz your future will undoubtedly be 'bright'!  Just keep up the positive attitude and your determination will be rewarded in ways you probably cannot even imagine right now.

-Rick