• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Going to see Khan tomorrow(Saturday)

Started by Kirk-Fu, April 17, 2009, 06:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk-Fu

Me and a bud are going to see the remastered Khan in the morning, the 11:15 at Universal here in Orlando.

My wife sent me a text today and said "Nimoy is in town this weekend....you think you might get an Austin style surprise?"

No, I dont...but i am looking forward to seeing Khan on the big screen. Anything else would be icing on the cake.

Anyone else in the Orlando area going?

Rico

WOW!  That's very cool.  I'd love to see that one on the big screen again.

Kirk-Fu

Well, it was fun. No suprises, except that there were only 6 people total in the theatre. It was played on one of the smaller screens down by the exits :-P
But, the theatre at Universal requires you to park for $12 and walk a bit, so it probably would have done better in a normal cineplex somewhere more accessible.

That being said, it was great to see WOK on the big screen again. What a great movie that was/is. Gritty, fun, emotional. Needless to say, we did our best not to tear up when Spock dies. But amazing grace on bagpipes always gets to me. Nick Meyer was our savior. Coming off TMP, this definately allowed us to get to where we are today.

Rico

Very cool!  Glad you got out and were able to see that.  I wish they would do that kind of thing more often.  Show classic films in theaters more.

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

M-5

Quote from: Rico on April 19, 2009, 04:38:37 PM
Very cool!  Glad you got out and were able to see that.  I wish they would do that kind of thing more often.  Show classic films in theaters more.
I totally agree.

Meds

Was you hoping they were going to show the new film like they did in Texas. Would love to see a remastered version of WOK, hope it does the rounds.

X

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on April 20, 2009, 10:05:06 AM
Was you hoping they were going to show the new film like they did in Texas. Would love to see a remastered version of WOK, hope it does the rounds.
I doubt that there are many places outside of Texas and Oklahoma that will still pack a house showing the old movies. I saw a marathon on the big screen leading up to the premiere of Undiscovered Country back in '91 and it was packed the whole day and night.