• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

My "Biggest Trekkie" Video Entry

Started by Rico, March 04, 2009, 02:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheldor

It will be interesting to see who won.  The guy with all the snapshots is impressive - but of course not as good as our fearless leader !! :D

Rico

Quote from: markinro on March 05, 2009, 06:22:39 AM
It will be interesting to see who won.  The guy with all the snapshots is impressive - but of course not as good as our fearless leader !! :D

I sort of know the guy with all the autographs from the Prop Forum.  If it's who I think it is, he frankly is the last person I want to win.  He's very rude to people on that forum.  I try not to say things like this, but it's pretty bad. 

moyer777

I agree Mark-  Rico, I love all the elements you put in your video that actually MAKE you the biggest Trekkie!  You have done such a wonderful job not only collecting Trek stuff, but spreading the geeky goodness around!  You rock Rico! 

Nathan and I were watching this for some time and brainstormed on what we could do.  We didn't have time to go "on location" or anything like that with Nathan's busy schedule.  So I thought we should do something music wise.  With it only being one minuted long max, it made it a lot easier.

It was actually kind of hard to make it only one minute wasn't it Rico?

Yeah, I don't know if us Treks in Sci Fi fans have a shot, but hey, you never know!  :)  At least we had fun submitting something.  I haven't seen our go up at the esurance site.  Maybe this morning, I would imagine they are getting a lot of last minute submissions.

woo hoo!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Dangelus

My vote is in for Rico.

Is yours up on there yet Rick?

moyer777

Quote from: Dangelus on March 05, 2009, 09:35:27 AM
My vote is in for Rico.

Yep, it just got on a few minutes ago.  it's called I'm the biggest trekkie rap and my nose is large on the screen. :)

Dangelus

Quote from: moyer777 on March 05, 2009, 09:39:12 AM
Quote from: Dangelus on March 05, 2009, 09:35:27 AM
My vote is in for Rico.

Yep, it just got on a few minutes ago.  it's called I'm the biggest trekkie rap and my nose is large on the screen. :)

OK found it now and the vote is in.

Your video is SO funny!  :roflmao

Can we watch the 12" version? LOL

KingIsaacLinksr

Hahahahaha very funny Rick!  Rico, your is great too. 

Hilarious video. 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

moyer777

well if you email me, I can send you the 11 meg file and you can watch in WIDE screen.  That way you can get my entire nose in the picture.  :)

alanp

Ktrek

Is this contest dependent on viewer votes only or does someone from esurance decided, or what? It didn't seem like there were all that many videos but I did go ahead and vote for Rico and Rick. Maybe one of you will win.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

Quote from: Ktrek on March 05, 2009, 10:46:50 AM
Is this contest dependent on viewer votes only or does someone from esurance decided, or what? It didn't seem like there were all that many videos but I did go ahead and vote for Rico and Rick. Maybe one of you will win.

Kevin

It's mostly eSurance decision.  There is a breakdown in the rules of how the decision is made.  It's multiple areas they look at.  Things like creativity, content, presentation, etc.  Public voting is just a little piece of it.

sheldor

Quote from: moyer777 on March 05, 2009, 06:49:21 AM
I agree Mark-  Rico, I love all the elements you put in your video that actually MAKE you the biggest Trekkie!  You have done such a wonderful job not only collecting Trek stuff, but spreading the geeky goodness around!  You rock Rico! 

Nathan and I were watching this for some time and brainstormed on what we could do.  We didn't have time to go "on location" or anything like that with Nathan's busy schedule.  So I thought we should do something music wise.  With it only being one minuted long max, it made it a lot easier.

It was actually kind of hard to make it only one minute wasn't it Rico?

Yeah, I don't know if us Treks in Sci Fi fans have a shot, but hey, you never know!  :)  At least we had fun submitting something.  I haven't seen our go up at the esurance site.  Maybe this morning, I would imagine they are getting a lot of last minute submissions.

woo hoo!

Add to this - I have actually been down in his basement.  I'm surprised he doesn't charge admission and there is not a TOS keypad on the door to the stairway.   Oooops....I may regret that last sentence  :D

moyer777

That's a great idea, a little cash back.... :)

Mr Atoz

Greetings Treks in Scifi community!  I started new job in Nov., so my podcast listening time has been curtailed.  I have been frequenting other sites/boards and have not visited this one in some time.   After viewing Moyer's video, I had to check the forum here and post.  Ingenious, Rick.  I created an mp3 of your rap!   Rico, your submission was a feast for a Trekkie's eyes.  I also posted a video entitled, "400 Quatloos on Joseph G"  The video gained many ratings, but I thought many others were worthy of more votes.  I did not have access to any camera equipment, so the best I could do was to compile pics and create more of a slideshow with text.  Many others did a fine job showcasing their collection, parodying, Trek characters,  or expounding upon the IDIC of Trek.  In any event,  I hope the winner is a listener of your podcast, so he/she can provide an eyewitness red carpet report!

*Rico, I hope you do not believe that I am the person from the props forum, since I have never posted there nor do I collect or create props.

:metallica:

Bryancd

Quote from: markinro on March 05, 2009, 11:05:16 AM
I have actually been down in his basement.

How did you manage to escape! "It put's the lotion on it's skin...."  :roflmao

Rick, your vid was AWESOME but I can't seem to vote again and it's blocked on my computer at work!  >:(