• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Now what is Rico doing?

Started by Rico, February 15, 2009, 05:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Rico

Quote from: Jen on February 16, 2009, 07:32:29 PM
Now you're toying with us. :D

Not my intention.  Just trying to show you some of the early stages as I build the site up.

Rico

Ok, the idea for this site was to create a place to share old geeky media.  Older TV shows (Man from Atlantis, Logan's Run, Fantastic Journey, etc...) that are not out on DVD.  But through old VHS tapes, and so on I have been able to scrounge up copies of this stuff.  It also will contain some movies trailers (old and new), music videos, and user content to a degree.

With the recent job thing it's at a bit of a standstill.  I was going to finance it myself to get it up and going (hosting fees, software for the video jukebox player, etc.) but that's a bit hard right now.  I'll probably put a call out for donations this weekend on the podcast to help out with this.  If anyone feels like sending anything in now, feel free.  Just use the usual donation links on the main page.  Just put a comment in with the donation that it's for the Geekplay site.

I think it could be a lot of fun.  I've got some great old stuff I'd love to share with people who may never have seen it before.

billybob476

Sounds like a cool idea, kind of like a sci-fi tape exchange.

Rico

Quote from: billybob476 on February 27, 2009, 05:40:18 AM
Sounds like a cool idea, kind of like a sci-fi tape exchange.

Kind of - but I would convert the stuff to a digital format (flash probably) and have it all on the site in a nifty player.

billybob476

Any thoughts regarding potential copyright issues? Or will you just take the stuff down if asked?

Rico

Quote from: billybob476 on February 27, 2009, 07:24:28 AM
Any thoughts regarding potential copyright issues? Or will you just take the stuff down if asked?

Yeah, that is the rub.  That's why I'm focusing on things not really out on DVD and decades old for the most part.  Plus it's basically for fun - not for profit.  But if I get an email from anyone, then yes that particular content will have to come down.

Rico

A few new episodes of "Misfits of Science" are now up.  Going to put up those unaired episodes of "Defying Gravity" very soon too.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Rico on December 23, 2009, 12:53:50 PM
A few new episodes of "Misfits of Science" are now up.  Going to put up those unaired episodes of "Defying Gravity" very soon too.

Where are you finding these episodes.. I've looking all over the place for copies.

Rico

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on December 23, 2009, 03:27:10 PM
Quote from: Rico on December 23, 2009, 12:53:50 PM

Where are you finding these episodes.. I've looking all over the place for copies.

"Misfits" I got awhile back from a place online that sells old TV shows converted over to DVD.  "Defying Gravity" is at a few places like Rapidshare, etc.

X

I have the complete misfits series somewhere on my comp

Rico

Starting to do a bit more on this site.  Just added the first six episodes of "The Magician" to the streaming video player.  I'll add the rest soon and more to come for lost, cult classic TV!
All over at http://www.geekplay.tv  :metallica:

Bromptonboy

I had forgotten about this show!  I will check it out, thanks Rico1
Pete

QuadShot

I loved The Magician. Bill Bixby was one of my heros when I was a kid. As corny as it was, I really like The Incredible Hulk TV series!

Rico

Added some more episodes of "The Magician" this morning over at:  

http://www.geekplay.tv