• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

EF/X Ashoka Lightsaber Replica

Started by Bryancd, January 29, 2009, 04:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

Very nice. I wouldn't spend the $349, that's a plane ticket to a fun destination for me, but it's a nice collectible.

Rico

Yeah, I've seen that and am probably going to pass on it.  I'd rather it had the signature of Ashley Eckstein who is voicing Ahsoka. 

Dan M

I like the design, but $349 is way too much for me.  I agree that the actress' signature would make it more appealing.

Bryancd

For me it's not a money issue so much as a "really? do I need that?" issue. I agree, if I was into signature editions, I would rather have her signature than Dave's, no offense to Dave as I love the series. I'll just stick with my 100% real graflex ANH Luke saber I made myself. Everything else is a useless dust collector, IMO.

Dan M

I've only got three, the MR Ep 3 Obi-Wan (my favorite design), my "100% real graflex ANH Luke saber I made myself" and a MR CE Qui-Gon saber that was somewhat of an impulse buy.

I like some of the other designs, but I'm content with the little scaled sabers as representations of those.

iceman

Im Waiting for the obi cutaway one that shows the internal workings that lights up.

jedijeff

I agree with the other comments, it is nice Saber, but was not one that I was ever going to purchase. It will be interesting to see how it sells, if it was MR, I would expect at some point this one would be discounted, but given eFx, not sure, though they did reduce the plain Clone Helmets a few weeks back. I could see where a person would want this as a representation of the Clone Wars series, so I can see the reasoning behind Dave's signature over a voice actors. But given the economy, and that this did not ever appear in any of the live action movies, might be a tough sell.
I have two MR lightsabers, My Ep3 Anakin, because I am sort of a Anakin guy, and my ROTJ Vader hilt. Would like more, but like Dan, in that I am satisfied with the scaled version I have.

Dangelus

Quote from: Bryancd on January 29, 2009, 07:25:47 PM
I'll just stick with my 100% real graflex ANH Luke saber I made myself. Everything else is a useless dust collector, IMO.

Have you got any pics of it? I would be really interested to see what your homemade saber looks like.

Dan M

Quote from: iceman on January 30, 2009, 03:01:45 AM
Im Waiting for the obi cutaway one that shows the internal workings that lights up.

That one will be very tempting.

Bryancd

Quote from: Dangelus on January 30, 2009, 01:04:19 PM
Quote from: Bryancd on January 29, 2009, 07:25:47 PM
I'll just stick with my 100% real graflex ANH Luke saber I made myself. Everything else is a useless dust collector, IMO.

Have you got any pics of it? I would be really interested to see what your homemade saber looks like.

It looks just like it did on the set of ANH! It's a real vintage Graflex 3-Cell camera flash with replica rubber grips (the actual one's were metal from a British cabinet of some sort) and replica calculator bubble strip and a D-ring on the end where it hung, and mostly flopped around, on Luke's belt. It's nice and weathered as well being 60 years old and all! Sorry about the outfit, I just got back from a run.