• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

New Star Trek Action Figures/Toys from Playmates

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 21, 2009, 09:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Here is the first series of figures...

Check out the Transporter Room, Enterprise and Bridge playset.. very cool stuff...

http://www.usatoday.com/life/gallery/2008/l090122_startrek/flash.htm?gid=864&aid=4083

Geekyfanboy

Bryancd

The Comm. looks cool, I hope they make a phaser, too. The bridge is still way too busy for my taste but the transporter room is neat. I'll also get the model of the ship as I have all the Playmates ship models, but man does it look stubby! Still not a great design. Here's a link to the phaser
http://www.wizarduniverse.com/feb094860.html

Edit- I just saw a side view of the ship over at the RPF and it's just awful! I'll still buy it to keep the collection complete, though. They also show the phaser toy and it's very chrome and glitzy with a rotating barrel thing that I think switches between stun and kill. The design of the toy isn't great, but the actual props will likely be much better. The comm looks very good as does the tricorder.

Bryancd

wraith1701

Bryancd

LOL! Well, I am willing to concede that this is a toy and the red and blue are likely absent from the real deal, although I have it from reliable sources the chrome, shiny look is accurate.

wraith1701

Good news on the lack of red and blue candy parts on the hero-prop.

I'd prefer a flat black, dark gray, or gunmetal finish on the phaser, but I think the chrome might grow on me. The chrome reminds me of the trim on old hot-rods-- Feels kind of retro, while still looking functional.

Meds

Is it me or am i the only one thinking that the figures look rubbish,. I mean come on. They look like a badly knitted present from your Aunt for your action man. Sorry but I think they look like tat.

Blackride

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on January 23, 2009, 04:25:20 PM
Is it me or am i the only one thinking that the figures look rubbish,. I mean come on. They look like a badly knitted present from your Aunt for your action man. Sorry but I think they tat.

Why be sorry about it? The uniforms look bad. In a world of Sideshow toys this stuff just lacks imo.
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Geekyfanboy

Well Playmates isn't known for there beautifully done action figures. AA or Diamond selects.. now they have some nice Star Trek figures. I'll hold out judgement until I see the final products. These are prototypes and sometimes pictures don't do the item justice.

Blackride

Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Meds

As a lad of the 70's i think i've gone back in time with this stuff. Does Kirk have a hole in the back of his head where you can look through ;)

Bryancd

I hope AA does a ship model as theirs are very good.

Bryancd

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on January 23, 2009, 04:39:40 PM
As a lad of the 70's i think i've gone back in time with this stuff. Does Kirk have a hole in the back of his head where you can look through ;)

That was Steve Austin, THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN! :)