• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Waffle On Podcast from Meds

Started by Meds, January 21, 2009, 04:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trekkygeek

And a tube of Bonjela gum ointment I believe.
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Meds

I'm going to have to add that clip now. This is hard.

Feathers

When Waffle On does sci-fi I can see a guest hosted Treks in Sci-Fi coming out of the same session. That way you get to do 2 episodes of Red Dwarf and Rico gets a guest show :)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Meds

Well i've not asked Rico yet and i think thats a great idea. my plan for the guest host on waffle on is for that person to know more than me. Then i can let them waffle on their favourite show. I've got a guest host lined up for Dads Army (he does his own podcast on the show). I'd really like Kenny to do a guest host on TNG and i though i may ask (though they'll read this) either Rico or Bryancd to talk about original Trek. After reading things on the shout box about someone trying to out do rico i'm certainly not even going to try. So my plan is for me to ask the guest host questions and give me interesting facts about the show. If anyone wants to jump on waffle on just let me know.

Trekkygeek

If you ever do a show covering my second favourite show ever (Quantum Leap) then I'd love to do a guest spot.
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Meds

Nice one Tim. Name checked you twice in this weeks podcast ha ha. New episode devoted to Red Dwarf has been recorded. Took
Over 4 hours to do, all for 94 mins, amazing. Hopefully will have it up on the feed by Monday evening so hope you like it. It was hard to condense 8 series which is 52 episodes into an hour and a half. It's amazing how much you think of extra to say after you've finished.

M-5

Outstanding!  Looking forward to listening to the podcast tomorrow.

Dangelus

Quote from: Trekkygeek on February 08, 2009, 12:47:20 PM
If you ever do a show covering my second favourite show ever (Quantum Leap) then I'd love to do a guest spot.

Oh boy!  ;D

I'd love to hear a Leap podcast!

Meds

We do mention quantum on this edition alas we forgot what the characters were called and mess up ha ha. We leave mistake in. Hopefully it will be up tonight if my mates computer can handle the download.

Rico

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on February 08, 2009, 02:23:04 PM
Nice one Tim. Name checked you twice in this weeks podcast ha ha. New episode devoted to Red Dwarf has been recorded. Took
Over 4 hours to do, all for 94 mins, amazing. Hopefully will have it up on the feed by Monday evening so hope you like it. It was hard to condense 8 series which is 52 episodes into an hour and a half. It's amazing how much you think of extra to say after you've finished.

Welcome to the time consuming world of podcasting!

Meds

Oh tell me about it Rico. I've always appreciated you're hard work but you do appreciate it a hell of a lot more when you do it your self. My new episode is now going up on Thursday evening or Friday morning because my mates laptop was too slow (or his internet was slow due to time of the day). My internet is promised for thursday so that's when i'll put it up. Hang in there waffle On fans ha ha oh that sounded corny.

Rico

Yeah just add in some more hours prepping for the podcast, editing, couple hours updating the web site, etc. and you start to realize it's a lot more than just hitting record in Audacity.  ;)

Meds

Oh definately. I spent a good 2 hours getting the clips and cutting the odd long pause out. Then writing up just a brief running plan and finally recording it. Because i've no internet i decided to edit it all the clips in as we went along. Luckily for me i keep the mistakes in (unless we swear) as we try to do it as recorded live. I'm shocked though that in total it took 4 hours to record and another 2 to prep. I'm amazed how you do it on your own. 

Jen

Try doing two. :D  Hat's off to you guys. I know exactly what you're talking about. ;)
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Meds

I'll stick with one thanks Jen. You must have to work so hard to get anomaly and ready room done. Still it's all fun.