• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Another Holiday Gift for the Graphic Novel Lover

Started by Vartok, December 08, 2008, 05:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vartok

The DC Vault: A Museum-in-a-Book with Rare Collectibles from the DC Universe

Barnes & Noble has this on sale at $31.46 for members vs. $50 list price.  For the cognosenti.

Explore the hidden treasures of DC Comics in this remarkable collection!

Veteran animation, comics, and television scribe Martin Pasko has been a writer, producer, and/or story editor for productions from a wide array of entertainment companies, including Disney, Warner Bros. Animation, Marvel Entertainment, Cartoon Network, and many others. His television credits include Max Headroom, The Twilight Zone, and Batman: The Animated Series. For the latter, his work as writer-story editor earned him a daytime Emmy. In his long and continuing association with DC Comics, Pasko has served as both a writer and editor. He has written Superman in many media, from comics and syndicated strips to TV animation and interactive internet content. He lives with his family in New Jersey.

In 1935, popular culture was forever transformed when DC Comics published the first book of "all new, all original" comic material. To the delight of millions of readers everywhere, the modern comic book was born, and from its pages came leaping an exhilarating cast of characters.

Now The DC Vault unlocks DC Comics' most fascinating secrets and deeply buried treasures, presenting a colorful array of historic and never-before-published memorabilia, including early sketches, covers, memos, press materials, and much more. From a working reproduction of a 1942 Junior Justice Society of America decoder, to a series of Public Service Announcements starring Superman and Batman, to the original pencils and inks for Wonder Woman #63, this dazzling chronicle contains more than 25 plastic-encased archival pieces for readers to pull out and examine—all while learning about the artists, writers, and world-famous super heroes that make up the DC Universe. Whether you've been collecting Superman comics since the '40s or have just discovered the amazing Sandman saga, you'll revel in this vibrant treasury!

V

Rico

I saw this and a Marvel Vault version at my local Costco.  I asked Lynn to get me the Marvel one since I'm generally more into those comics.  But this one looks great too!