• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

"True Blood" - HBO vamps

Started by Rico, December 01, 2008, 12:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celestialteapot

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on December 05, 2008, 04:15:29 AM
Naughty teapot, for your shenanigans we shall pour coffee in your pot. ;)

Noooooooooooo!!!!
This question has baffled mankind for all eternity... why don't sheep shrink in the rain?

Rico

Rico

Anyone watching this show for season 2?  It's pretty cool and they have upped the intensity I think.  Keep in mind there is a lot of violence and sexual situations as it is on HBO so the show isn't for kids or even for some adults.  But I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Java The Hut

I'm still tuning in, I want to know what the story is with Ensign Ro....  err.... Maryann (Michelle Forbes)
I think her story is going to be the hook for season 2
I has a web-sight AGAIN
www.scifi-autograph.com
showcasing my SciFi Autograph collection

Rico

Yeah - she seems very interesting.

Geekyfanboy

I don't have HBO.. but I hope to catch it on DVD.. I've heard it starts off slow but really picks up.

Rico

Anyone keeping up on this for season 2?  It's really been good.  Very interesting and lots of new things going on.  Loved the Godric character from the last episode.  Very cool show.

Rico

I really loved the most recent episode.  It seems a few other folks did too:

'True Blood' ratings: They're huge!
by Michael Ausiello
Categories: 'True Blood', News

This is batty! True Blood hit another ratings high on Sunday, surging to a best-ever 5.3 million viewers. That's up 20 percent over last week's record 4.5 million viewers. Bottom line: The show's unstoppable! Here are three reasons why (four if you include the hunky interviewer).

More True Blood scoop...

learn more here:
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/08/25/true-blood-ratings-theyre-huge/

Jobydrone

I just got all caught up, and I'm in real time now.  I've watched seasons 1 and 2 in about a week, and now I CAN't STAND waiting for the new episodes.  What a great show.  I just love Alan Ball.  Six Feet Under was fantastic, and this show has got me totally hooked now.  I'm interested in the fiction, I recently acquired the complete series of novels this show is based on, but I am hesitant to read them because I don't want to spoil the TV show.  I'm sure I will break down when season 2 comes to a close and we have to wait a year for season 3.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

wraith1701

The show really is incredible, and I'm not just saying that because of the more 'adult' elements (thought they certainly don't hurt!)

The world that the characters inhabit is very detailed and interesting, and I'm sure we're only getting a peak at the rich world that exists in the books.  Speaking of which, I plan on getting into them as well, just as soon as this season ends.

Really wondering how they're going to overcome this season's Big-Bad.  It's gonna be a fun finale!

Rico

Glad others are enjoying it too.  I agree, the characters are very interesting and it is a rich world.  This season has been quite the ride I think.  Excited to see how it all turns out.

Jen

I have never seen this show, but recently Chris sent me a link to one of the characters (Eric) and I couldn't get over how much the actor looked like my husband! Either Dave is a moonlighting actor or he's a vampire...should I be concerned? :D  I hate vampires but I'm going to have to check it out.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Rico

Eric is sort of a big, Viking kind of guy on the show.  The couple pictures and video I have seen of Dave make me also see they have a similar look.  But has Dave ever had hair this long?  :)

Jobydrone

Eric is my favorite character on the show.  As a human he was shown to be a Viking and was turned into a vampire rather than murdered because of his skills and prowess on the battlefield.  In present day he is the vampire "Sheriff" in the area of Louisianna where the show takes place.  I like his portrayal better than the main vampire in the show, Bill Compton, because so far at least he is less constrained by human values and morals and just seems like a cool, bad ass, super powered monster.  You wouldn't want to mess with Eric.

I also love his scenes in the show because so far they have mostly been all about the political/power structure of the vampire subculture, which for some reason I find fascinating.  I hope they go into more detail about that in future episodes.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

I'm enjoying Eric's development too, but I didn't like what he did to Lafayette.  I enjoy all the characters, but I think I like Bill a bit better since he seems closer to the character of Angel on the Buffy spin-off.  I like seeing Bill try to stick to his human values and fight his vampire side.  In any case, this show is just a lot of fun to watch, for me at least.