• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Where do you live??

Started by Bryancd, November 25, 2008, 03:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

You all know I live in Michigan and grew up in Detroit and still work "down in the hood."  Now - beat that!    :joker

P.S.  Oh, I did live in California for a few years too.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Rico on November 26, 2008, 11:22:49 AM

Really where in CA did you live Rico??

Rico

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on November 26, 2008, 12:09:03 PM
Quote from: Rico on November 26, 2008, 11:22:49 AM

Really where in CA did you live Rico??

Gee - I thought I mentioned this a few times over the years on the podcast or here.  I lived in Huntington Beach for about 3 years growing up.  It's where I began to love the ocean.  My dream home would be on an ocean beach - somewhere.

Meds

Ah thank you Bryan you old Charmer for sneaking off with my thread ;)
Ok well i live in Bromsgrove in Worcestershire which is a very nice market town, I'm surrounded by the countryside and i have a golf course on my doorstep (I don't play but the bar is OK). Bromsgrove is about 5 miles square. I was born in Solihull and brought up in Birmingham in the West Midlands and thats in the center of England and i played in the grounds of Sarehole Mill where Tolkien came up with the shire.

wraith1701

I might not live there anymore, but Texas is still Numero Uno. Especially Austin- a beautiful place with all the benefits of a large city, and the heart and soul of a small town.  Currently living in Louisville, which is pretty to look at (there are actual seasons here!), but still doesn't feel like home.  It's kinda the opposite of Austin:  The heart and soul of a big city, but with none of the amenities. 

Kirk-Fu

I grew up in kentucky, lived in Italy and Japan as a US Navy member, and now live in Orlando, Florida.

celestialteapot

I live in London, England... which beats you lot hands down :P
This question has baffled mankind for all eternity... why don't sheep shrink in the rain?

Meds

Quote from: celestialteapot on December 05, 2008, 02:15:22 AM

Oh dangerous ground young lady ;)

Feathers

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on December 05, 2008, 04:16:58 AM

Not at all, London's the place to be and the place where I am. :)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Meds

Quote from: Feathers on December 05, 2008, 06:59:18 AM
Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on December 05, 2008, 04:16:58 AM

Not at all, London's the place to be and the place where I am. :)

All i'll say is congestion charge.  ;)

M-5

I live in Kent, Washington.  Which 15 miles south of Seattle (The Emerald City).  Temperatures are mild and it rains a lot.  There are lots of beaches, forests and lakes.  A truly beautiful state.

billybob476

I was born in Montreal, Quebec. Greatest city on earth, lived there for 25 years. It has the best aspects of North American and European cities combined. Also a ton of history as it is one of the oldest cities in North America.

Now I live in Toronto, Ontario. Currently the biggest city in Canada. I'm a city boy so I love it, but my heart will always be in Montreal. Also, it doesn't snow nearly enough in Toronto.

Meds

Sounds great M-5 and Joe your place sounds ideal. I'm a city boy myself, being a Brummie (Birmingham) lad i do miss the crazyness of the city but after a hard days work i like nothing getting better than home to a small market town.

Bryancd

....don't get out much, do you.... ;)

celestialteapot

I don't pay congestion charge as I use public transport (or walk) :P

(and no, I don't get out that much; I spend a large portion of my time in small black box)
This question has baffled mankind for all eternity... why don't sheep shrink in the rain?