• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Atlantis discovered?

Started by Ktrek, February 21, 2009, 01:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ktrek

Just found this article about the possible finding of the real Atlantis and even a picture too!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,497288,00.html

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Meds

I've been looking at this for a few hours and then i read the google reponse.

"But Google said the criss-crossing lines seen by Bamford were in fact made by boats using sona technology to collect data from the sea floor.

"Bathymetric (or sea floor terrain) data is often collected from boats using sonar to take measurements of the sea floor," said a Google spokesperson. "The lines reflect the path of the boat as it gathers the data."

Bamford had been using the latest version of Google's earth mapping system, Google Earth 5.0, which traces the ocean floor and surface data from marine experts.

Google said although the Atlantis claim was false, Google Earth had been used for other "amazing discoveries", including a pristine forest in Mozambique that is home to previously unknown species and the remains of an ancient Roman villa.

In related news, Google has fixed an incompatibility issue between its Chrome browser and the Google Earth plug-in version.

In the Google Earth Notifications List, the firm said, "Google Chrome 1.0+ on Windows is an officially supported browser. That means Chrome users will no longer get the unsupported browser message, and the plug-in and API [application programming interface] should work just as they would in other supported browsers."