Main Menu

New Upcoming Podcast schedule

Started by Rico, November 24, 2008, 09:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feathers

Quote from: Bromptonboy on December 28, 2009, 07:33:08 PM
Quote from: Feathers on December 28, 2009, 12:51:05 PM
I guess so :)

Voyager: Life Line was the episode I suggested as I recall. As I say, I've done my little bit of research so all I need to do is find the space, time and privacy to record and edit it.

Find the privacy?  Knock - Knock - Knock "Daddy, who are you talking to in there?"  Daddy?  Daddy?  Daddy?   :)

You see my point.

When I recorded Appytimes for Tim I was actually sitting in the car at work waiting to go home. It worked though!

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Feathers on December 29, 2009, 03:35:38 AM
Quote from: Bromptonboy on December 28, 2009, 07:33:08 PM
Quote from: Feathers on December 28, 2009, 12:51:05 PM
I guess so :)

Voyager: Life Line was the episode I suggested as I recall. As I say, I've done my little bit of research so all I need to do is find the space, time and privacy to record and edit it.

Find the privacy?  Knock - Knock - Knock "Daddy, who are you talking to in there?"  Daddy?  Daddy?  Daddy?   :)

You see my point.

When I recorded Appytimes for Tim I was actually sitting in the car at work waiting to go home. It worked though!

Yes indeed!  I have been toying with the idea of pitching a guest cast - but wondering how I could carve out the time when the kids are 'distracted'.
Pete

Rico

Just do it at night when the little ones are fast asleep.  :)

Feathers

...and have ones wife asking the same questions in the background :)

Without such things as basements over here, we're pretty limited for space to record. I can't speak for Bromptonboy of course.

billybob476

Thank god for having to dig foundations below the frost line! :)

Feathers

Quote from: billybob476 on December 29, 2009, 06:20:30 AM
Thank god for having to dig foundations below the frost line! :)

Just another benefit of emigrating to Canada. (Friends moved there last year and are now having a house built. I'm not jealous. Much.)

:offtopic

Rico

Quote from: Feathers on December 29, 2009, 06:13:01 AM
...and have ones wife asking the same questions in the background :)

Without such things as basements over here, we're pretty limited for space to record. I can't speak for Bromptonboy of course.

Just a long hot bath and your iPhone to record on - hehe.   ;)

Feathers

Well, the iPhone is the recorder I use these days. The entirity of the Hitchhikers 'cast was recorded on it.

Bromptonboy

We have a nice finished basement - but the Mother-In- Law is down there....her English is limited....just imagine what she would think seeing me hunched over a laptop in the wee-hours talking about life-crystals - or chanting 'Renew! Renew! Renew!' into a microphone...
Pete

Rico

Tweaked the update listing:

Jan. 10th - ENT - "The Aenar"
Jan. 17th - "The Fellowship of the Ring"
Jan. 24th - TNG - "The Most Toys"
Jan. 31st - Short lived Sci-Fi TV
Feb.  7th - VOY - "Life Line" - guest host Feathers
Feb. 14th - Star Wars - Fan Films - vidcast

Feathers

Oooh! I'd better get a move on recording for February :)

Rico

Ok - some possible alterations to the schedule.  First, I'm staying in Illinois this weekend.  I knew that was possible so I brought a portable headset with me.  I was hoping to record the show in the hotel and on the laptop, but I'm not sure that's going to work.  The biggest issues are, this old laptop is acting up.  The drive is making some noise (ughhh).  I bought it used a few years ago and I really thought I had already once put a new drive in it not long back.  I'm doing some tests on it now.  The other issue is net access.  The hotels internet is kind of slow.  Even if I can record, I may have trouble uploading the show.  Anyway, I'll see what I can do and keep you posted.

Feathers

I'm guessing that even if you took on a guest show for the week the upload and download problems at the hotel would still apply since a guest can't access the feed?

Rico

Yeah, I think so.  The laptop hard drive seems to check out ok with the tests I ran.  It might be just the fan making noise.  Anyway, I'm going to try and get some kind of podcast out I think.

moyer777

Take your time Rico.  You have really done a fabulous job over the years getting stuff out to us.  NO PRESSURE on you.  Enjoy getting acclimated to your new job.  Bummber about Internet access- that kind of sucks.  You need to have a divistion of your podcasting RAD studios in the town you are staying.  :) 

As soon as my voice gets better I haved a new parody song for Lord of the Rings.  You will dig it. 

Hang in there Rico.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com