• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

New Upcoming Podcast schedule

Started by Rico, November 24, 2008, 09:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuadShot

Quote from: Bryancd on September 20, 2012, 06:52:00 PM
Quote from: Rico on September 20, 2012, 05:05:18 PM
Quote from: Bryancd on September 20, 2012, 04:52:18 PM
Al and I are FINALLY going to do our Prometheus cast! We are trying to record in 2 weeks so that can be available in the future line up as well. :)

What - no "Alien: Resurrection???"  I actually kind of like that one.  :)

We will but I want to strike while the iron is hpt and Al and I are renting it on iTunes in HD. :) Resurrection is so far out of universe, doing the prequel makes sense.
Actually Bryan, we're purchasing it. It's not for rent until the actual DVD release date in OCT. The $14.99 price it to own the digital copy :)

Bryancd

Oh, sweet! Then I can take my time watching it and the extra's!

moyer777

nice.  I really need to see it again.  Such a cool movie

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Bromptonboy

Yeah, I'll have to watch again in preparation.  I have a love hate relationship with this movie.
Pete

QuadShot

Yeah Pete, I can relate. I like this film a lot. Very beautifully shot, good story, love the tie-in's with the Alien franchise but there are a few things about it I don't like. In fact...there's this....well, you'll just have to wait for our podcast to find that out! :)

Bryancd

"Prometheus Cast" is in the can and it's a good one! Thank you Rico and especially my man Al! So much fun a as always to geek out with you my brother!

Rico

Updates:

Oct.  14th:  VOY - "Blink of an Eye"
Oct.  21st:  "Battle of the Planets" with Jedi Jeff
Oct.  28th:  Halloween - "An American Werewolf in London"
Nov.   4th:  "Prometheus" with Bryan & Al

QuadShot

Bryan!!! YEAH BUDDY! Great time! Especially the part when you revealed that you like to ****** when no one's looking! :)

Jobydrone

Oh man, American Werewolf!!!  One of my favorite movies of all time...Jenny Agutter was one of my first huge crushes and I have a "thing" for English accents to this day that I attribute to my love of her in this movie.  Great choice Rico!
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

jedijeff

Hi All, if anyone has any Comments for Battle of the Planets, I will be doing my recording this weekend for it, and if you send them by mid next week, I can get them into the podcast.

Bromptonboy

Quote from: jedijeff on October 12, 2012, 07:01:49 AM
Hi All, if anyone has any Comments for Battle of the Planets, I will be doing my recording this weekend for it, and if you send them by mid next week, I can get them into the podcast.
Is that the movie that had Richard Thomas as the star?  It was kind of a remake of The Seven Samurai\The Magnificent Seven - but in space?
Pete

jedijeff

Quote from: Bromptonboy on October 12, 2012, 05:50:17 PM
Quote from: jedijeff on October 12, 2012, 07:01:49 AM
Is that the movie that had Richard Thomas as the star?  It was kind of a remake of The Seven Samurai\The Magnificent Seven - but in space?

That movie was Battle Beyond the Stars, this is different as it is a Cartoon from the Late 70's.

Coda

Speaking of Battle of the Planets, did you guys already do a review of Starblazers?  I'm just asking cause I just watched the live action Space Battleship Yamato japanese movie.

QuadShot

Coda, I LOVED Starblazers as a kid. How was the movie version?

Coda

It looked big budget, everything looked really good.  The story was okay, something I could live with.  But it was just cool enough to see it all in a live action film.  The Yamato was just frakking awesome.

When the first Transformers movie came out, I had thought someone would start working on a live action Robotech movie, which I have been waiting for for a long time.  Toby Maguire had bought the rights to the show and he was supposed to play Rick Hunter in the movie.

Heck, I'm still waiting for an Ender's Game movie.  Or even a Time Wars movie, although that may be too cerebral for a regular viewer.  Maybe a fan based movie instead.  I already have part of the first book scripted for a movie....