• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Bryan Fuller Serious about Creating New Series

Started by celestialteapot, October 22, 2008, 07:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celestialteapot

http://trekmovie.com/2008/10/22/bryan-fuller-serious-about-creating-star-trek-series/

Hopefully this will come true, and it sort of sounds like it will be set around the TOS-era if Fuller manages to persuade the powers that be to let Star Trek come back as a series.

If it does, what do you think we should see?
This question has baffled mankind for all eternity... why don't sheep shrink in the rain?

Rico

I've commented before about this.  I do think a new Trek series will happen - someday.  Maybe after a couple of movies.  I doubt Fuller will lead it.  In fact, if JJ's movie does well I can see him putting together a team to do a new series.  He still does a lot of TV work.  As far as the era I can live with just about any era - as long as they do it well.

Darrell

Dunno how popular I'll be with this view, but here's what I'd like to see:

I'd like to see the setting be in Space...  the Final Frontier. They should be the voyages of a starship. It should be a five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

I just want me some basic core Star Trek the way it's meant to be.

I don't care about the time period.  I just want to explore the unknown.  All based on real science theory like the old days, and no technobabble.

celestialteapot

I don't think JJ Abrams would be able to do a series, isn't he tied into a contract with Fox TV or something and Trek is Paramount?
This question has baffled mankind for all eternity... why don't sheep shrink in the rain?

Kirk-Fu

I agree with Darrell, and this was my issue with DS9(sorry, just not my favorite). Voyager and Enterprise went back to exploration of the unknown....thats my bag, baby.

But I would lobby for any new series to be tied in with the new movies era, just my preference.

alanp

I think it goes in cycles what the public are wanting to watch on TV.  I think if Enterprise were launched a few years later it would have caught more wind.  I just hope they pick the correct time to kick it off.