• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Keep Happy Thoughts and Prayers for our Fellow Texan Geeks

Started by Geekyfanboy, September 10, 2008, 10:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Hurricane Ike is predicted to hit Texas hard this weekend and if you don't know Jen and Angela, our resident geeky girls are in the path of this hurricane among others on this forums. Let's all keep them and everyone of Texas in our prayers and thoughts. Let's hope it's not as bad as everyone is predicting.

billybob476

Bryancd

By all means, I was thinking about Jen this morning watching the expected storm path. Fortunate the storm looks like a Cat. 3 by the time it reached the Corpus Christi/Houston area instead of a 4 or 5. I'm sure the gal's are old pro's at boarding up windows!

metron07

It's funny, Jen sent me a email early this week to tell me I was in her prayers as they where then saying the storm would hit Florida. I wrote back to her my thanks but at that time Texas was the other possibility and I warned her of that and hated that this was a no win scenario.  This year has not only been about wind damage but flooding and you can't board up from that. My worst fears for them have come to pass with this storm as we duck out of the way here in Orlando. Some of the these storm seasons can really suck and it looks like 2008 will be one of them.

Stay safe Jenny, Dave, Angela and Jim, hunker down!

Metron

Meds

From over the pond stay safe Jen and Angela, look after each other and if you can, keep us informed on how you are. Anyone else in Texas, stay safe too.

ElfManDan

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

Shields up Jen & Angela!  Stay dry!  Thinking about you!

Jen

Thanks for the concern guys.  Angela and I went for supplies yesterday on our lunch break—buying water, batteries, dry goods and extra food for relatives who may come to stay with us from South Texas. It was pretty busy at the grocery store, and people were fighting over gas pumps as we waited in line to fill up my Mountaineer. Dave and Jim don't think it's going to be a big deal.  ::)

The company I work for is watching this storm very closely, as two of our water parks are on the gulf coast. So Angela and I have been getting hurricane updates all day, every day, since Monday. Looks like it may be turning toward Galveston, which is very bad for our friends there, but we may be spared the worst part of the storm. Still, we're expecting high winds and lots of rain. If it turns back toward Corpus Christi, which is in the center of the "coastal bend" of Texas, we've been told to expect F-1 Tornado wind speeds where we live. Here's the model we've been watching: http://www.stormpulse.com/

Stay safe fellow Texans!

Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

metron07

Jen,

Just do what us folks in Orlando do. Find a happy place!, Find a happy place!, Find a happy place!

Sorry, just wanted to make you smile.

Rob