• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Best Star Wars Film?

Started by wraith1701, August 23, 2008, 03:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one's your favorite?

Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
Revenge of the Sith
A New Hope
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi

Geekyfanboy

A New Hope (or just Star Wars when I saw it) will always have a special place in my heart.. as it sparked my love of all things sci fi and fantasy.. but Empire is my favorite of the three, I'm not sure why really.. that is just some epic about it that I loved.

Darth Gaos

Hmm if I had to rank them it would go a little something like

IV
V
III
I
VI
II

Now keep in mind I love ALL of these movies (even the prequels).  My rankings are based solely on my opinion of watchability and enjoyability (is that a word??).
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

ElfManDan

I have to say my favorite is the Return of the Jedi. I loved watching this when I was a little kid, my dad had bought it when was really young, to young to remember and I must have watched Return of the Jedi so many more times compared to the others. I remember I would watch them at least 4 times every week back then.

wraith1701

Quote from: M-5 on August 24, 2008, 09:00:18 PM
... The best of the prequels has got to be Return of the Sith

LOL it's REVENGE of the Sith! 

Your Geek Membership is hereby REVOKED!  (just kidding ;) )

Quote from:  "M-5"
...The battle scene on Hoth was awesome.  It's the first time we see Imperial Walkers.  Han Solo wields a light saber. We meet Yoda for the first time.  Luke faces Darth and loses a hand.  And to top it off, Luke is Darth Vader's son.  That's great movie.
Agreed, my friend!  Each of the items you mentioned resonate strongly with me as well!

Oh yeah, don't forget the asteroid chase and Space-Slug escape!  And Han and Leia's romance in the Falcon!  And their last exchange in the movie: 
Leia: "I love you!"
Han: "I know."
Pure coolness.

Empire is definitely a powerful film; I find myself second guessing my initial vote for A New Hope.  They are both so GOOD! 

billybob476

This pretty much sums it up for me.

wraith1701

Quote from: billybob476 on August 25, 2008, 04:35:21 PM
This pretty much sums it up for me.

Awesome!  Kevin Smith RULES!