• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Started by Geekyfanboy, August 14, 2008, 03:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

I guess when it comes to Star Wars and Trek, the expectation has become very unrealistic. People are trying to recapture a feeling they had 20 or 30 years ago and that's where all the hate comes from. it's hard to look at something through the eyes and with the mind of a 12 year old.

I knew people were going to react strongly to the Clone Wars, since it's such a departure from what people expect out of a Star Wars movie. Also, no matter how good the new Trek is going to be, there's going to be just as much backlash. Why? Because it isn't 1969 and you're not huddled around your 12" black and white TV watching Kirk fight the Gorn for the first time.

Rico

Yep - well put.  And since I have been very close to this stuff and fandom most of my life I understand it very well.  But I just wonder when these people will wake up and realize it isn't 1967 or 1977 anymore?

Bryancd

There's another criticism I keep hearing that I disagree with. For me, this movie felt like Star Wars, just as much as the prequels and in a few cases, even more so.

wraith1701

I enjoyed this film!  After the first few minutes, the unique animation style was easy to accept.. in fact, the CGI made the battle scenes look incredible!  The storyline felt very faithful to the 'feel' of Star Wars.  Makes me look forward to the start of the series.  It will be a treat to get a closer look at the Star Wars universe on a weekly basis. 

Some of my favorite scenes were, surprisingly, NOT the battle scenes- they were the scenes aboard the Republic Cruisers.  I enjoyed getting a good look at the officers, crew, and command centers of what will eventually evolve into Imperial Star Destroyers. 

And just think; with a weekly series, (plus the coming live-action series), the Star Wars universe is going to get even more rich and developed.  Good stuff!

Bryancd

Yes! I too loved the stuff on the ships....felt very SW to me!

saunders

I haven't seen the movie yet.  I'm kind of waiting until it hits the dollar theater before I bring the kids.  I thought I read somewhere that the movie was the 1st 3 episodes of the tv show?  Is that true?  At the tv premier in Oct will they be showing what was in the movie or something new?

Geekyfanboy

I FINALLY GOT TO SEE THIS MOVIE... AND I LOVED IT!!!!

It was everything I expected... I was looking forward to the new cartoon and this was a very cool sneak preview of it.. can't wait till October.

Bryancd

It really was AESOME. I loved it, too Kenny. :)

Geekyfanboy

Clone Wars movie is released on DVD today... gotta pick that one up.