• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

NASA Astronaut-"Aliens are real"!?!

Started by wraith1701, July 26, 2008, 10:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wraith1701

:-\  Stumbled on this interview, in which Apollo 14 Astronaut Dr Edgar Mitchell claims 

"I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real." 

What do you all think? 

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1fd_1216911065&p=1

Darth Gaos

Tough to say.  I mean, I personally believe that something(someone) else is out there.  I dunno what to think about this specifically. What does the guy stand to gain by lying other than a few days of being in the news.  This isn't some crackpot yahoo saying this....Ed Mitchell walked on the moon with Alan Shepard.

Tough call......maybe it is part of a larger conspiracy to begin leaking info to get us used to the idea so that one day...BAM!!! the gov't will come out and verify it all.   :alien
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Darth Gaos on July 28, 2008, 12:09:15 PM
Tough to say.  I mean, I personally believe that something(someone) else is out there.  I dunno what to think about this specifically. What does the guy stand to gain by lying other than a few days of being in the news.  This isn't some crackpot yahoo saying this....Ed Mitchell walked on the moon with Alan Shepard.

Tough call......maybe it is part of a larger conspiracy to begin leaking info to get us used to the idea so that one day...BAM!!! the gov't will come out and verify it all.   :alien

Stargate anyone?

;)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Blackride

I dont think there is a conspiracy to withold anything personally.

Would I like to think there is life out there?....Yes, but I am a person that needs proof of it first and I haven't seen anything to make me think there is. I would love for them to find something on Mars,Europa,IO, hell anywhere.

Just my opinion....
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Chief

I am totally there with you Blackride. Maybe this guy just needed a publicity stunt of sorts to get some cash.

I am also a very analitic guy and I need evidence confirmed by the international scientific community to actually agree on the idea of intellignt life visiting us.

And about ocnspiracy theories, well, they are inherent to the human being.  Even if goverments showed evidence of not being colluded with ET, people would still think about dark deeds all over.

Astronauts, presidents, popes, leaders can say what they want about ET and company visiting us, but until no evidence is show, their ideas lie in a place right between faries and Mickey Mouse.

On the other hand, I want to belive. It would be fantastic to have real contact with ET.

But until then, it's just make belief really.

"The Needs Of The Many, Out Weigh The Needs Of The Few, Or The One..."
Mr. Spock