• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Volunteers to Read Weekly Posts

Started by Geekyfanboy, June 10, 2008, 03:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Hey Guys... in our next The Ready Room which should be coming out mid week.. Jen reads all the rpg posts from May 29th to June 9th and it turned out fantastic..

As everyone knows I have been super busy but in about 40 minutes I am completely caught up with the rpg and ready to post... I talked with Jen and we are thinking of doing this with every Ready Room.. every week we will read the previous weeks post keeping everyone up to date on what's going on.

The problem with this is it does take time to read and edit these posts.

So I am asking if anyone would be interested in helping us out in reading a few posts each week. If you are able to do so please PM Jen and I and will assign you which posts to read and when I need to to edit into the podcast.

thanks,
Kenny

Bryancd

Geekyfanboy

Thanks Bryan.. and thanks to Desi for also volunteering. I'll pass out posts assignments on Friday AM and then would like to get them by Sunday afternoon. Depending on how many posts are done by Friday will depend on how many I will have to pass around. If anyone else would like to help.. let me know.

Thanks

Meds

I'll do some mate, just let me know what to read, i'll try and do as much as i can up to June the 26th then i'm away for a few weeks.

Geekyfanboy

Geekyfanboy

Just to clarify what I am asking for.. I need people who can record rpg posts on there own and then send the file to me. There is no need to add music as I will take care of that  and if you can edit your piece that would be a plus but it's not necessary as I can edit them as well. You don't need to be an actor all you need is the ability to record your voice to your computer. Thanks for those who have offered to help.

KingIsaacLinksr

>.>  My voice to me sounds terrible recorded....what do you think Kenny? 

Honest is best policy here.  :)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Geekyfanboy

I think we all hate our voices when recorded.. I know it's taken me a long time to be comfortable with hearing mine every week.

This isn't a professional job for radio or TV.. it's just for fun and if you are willing to help that is all that matters.

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on June 11, 2008, 11:06:30 AM
I think we all hate our voices when recorded.. I know it's taken me a long time to be comfortable with hearing mine every week.

This isn't a professional job for radio or TV.. it's just for fun and if you are willing to help that is all that matters.

*shrugs*.  I'll see what I can do.  I'll get back to you later this week when I finally finish this new season.  Still haven't caught up :( 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Meds

Tim, i think you sound fine. Take your time, speak clearly and enjoy doing the reading. Go for it dude.

Jen

Yes, I agree with Meds. Give it a shot. Maybe you could to a short post to start.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

sheldor

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on June 11, 2008, 11:06:30 AM
I think we all hate our voices when recorded..

Yes, we do...

This might be fun.  Give me an eeny-weeny post to start.  What kind of timeframe ?   Do we have like a week to get it ready ?

Geekyfanboy

No this is a quick turnaround.. I'll pass out posts on Friday AM and need them in had on Sunday afternoon.