• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Another Cadet Joins...

Started by Feathers, June 09, 2008, 04:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feathers

Probably time for an intro since I seem to have started posting, despite my best intentions.

I picked up this podcast recently and have set myself the rather daunting challenge of listening to the lot - currently into March 2006 I think. This is for 2 reasons:

1. I want to hear the episode comments I've missed before I start 'demanding' ;) to hear new features covering stuff that's already been done(!)
2. it's just plain interesting.

I'm in the UK and 'pushing 40' so grew up with TOS reruns as well as a number of other bits and pieces imported from the States. I've also watched all the 'new' Trek series through from start to finish and am currently working through the reruns they're running daily on Virgin1 since the channel was introduced.

These days, I'm also catching up on a lot of the more recent SG-1 and Atlantis (that are only available on satellite over here) rather than watching anything else, but I am finding time for a bit of PodListening too...obviously.

Forgive me if I start dredging up the earlier show threads and posting. I've resisted so far but willpower just collapsed this morning and I posted on #35.

Sorry if I hit the download bandwidth too hard, too!

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

No problem and glad to have you join us here.  We have several other UK folks and I'm sure they will chime in and say hello.  Glad you are enjoying the podcasts and feel free to bring up any older topics you wish.

Jen

Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

wraith1701

Hi, Feathers; welcome to the Forum!

Geekyfanboy

Welcome to our geeky family....

moyer777

Hi Feathers!  I hope you enjoy your time here.  There are some really nice folks around these parts...

say that with a southern accent and put a toothpick on your mouth.

:)

Anyway, Welcome to the fun!   :andorian

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

iceman

billybob476

KingIsaacLinksr

A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Meds

Hey Feathers, welcome to the forum. I'm in the UK, England, in the centre not far from cadbury World (rub that in for Moyer777). I joined back in January and i too downloaded everything that Rico has done on itunes, because i can listen at work (via ipod) my working day just flew by. Hope you enjoy your posting and we do a great RPG which is a damn good laugh. Welcome.

Feathers

Thanks guys. Enjoying it so far!

Feathers

Quote from: moyer777 on June 09, 2008, 07:59:02 AM
Hi Feathers!  I hope you enjoy your time here.  There are some really nice folks around these parts...

say that with a southern accent and put a toothpick on your mouth.

Try that with a 'southern accent' in the UK and I don't think you'll like the result!!
Anyone from Cornwall here want to give it a go??? ;)

Meds

Ooooooooo naughty Feathers. Padstein i mean Padstow is a very nice place.