• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

What's everyone reading right now?

Started by Rico, May 30, 2008, 07:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromptonboy

Pete

Jobydrone

I've been gorging on Stephen King, rereading all the Dark Tower books as well as some of the connected works like Hearts of Atlantis and Insomnia. About to start book six of seven in the main series.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

WillEagle

Been reading some of the Vol. 4's of the New 52 and I read Rocketeer Adventures and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Worth a look for you comic readers. It is a lot of short stories put into this volume. One of the stories is about Betty waiting for Cliff the Rocketeer to get back from WWII and that fits so well with so many families waiting on their loved to come back from overseas. It was my favorite story from the graphic novel.

Jobydrone

Just finished Dark Tower VII.  What an epic conclusion, I got so much more out of this series re-reading them again for the second time.  Going to to a quick re-read of the coda, The Wind in the Keyhole, which actually takes place in the continuity of the series between book 4 & 5, but I wanted to read in publishing order again this time.  Then I'm going to jump into some of the Dark Tower comics I haven't read.  Roland's world has sucked me in completely!
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bromptonboy

We just 'read' Ender's Game - during the family trip we listened to the unabridged version.  It was great - and the kids really enjoyed the story.
Pete

billybob476

Revisiting Shadows of the Empire for the next Star Wars Stacks! Once I get through the book I plan on taking a look at the comic as well which I've never read before.

Ktrek

I started the brand new Star Trek series called Star Trek Seekers. This is written and conceived by the same team who wrote the Star Trek Vanguard series. David Mack starts the series off with a great start as usual. I think this might become another fan favorite series as it develops. So far there are four books planned and if those sell well who knows?

"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

Kevin,

I just started that Seekers: Book 1.  Just getting into it now.

Ktrek

FYI...book two is out now and that's what I'm working on. I hope you enjoy it enough to buy book two Rico!  Here's the image:

"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

davekill

I'm listening to Nathan Lowell excellent space stories.
Life in space as a merchant marine...

"So, for once, the hero isn't the Captain of the ship. He's not even an officer. He's a broke, uneducated, orphan from a backwater planet at the edge of no-where. He's not a "hidden prince" and he wasn't adopted. He's just an average Joe trying to make it in the universe when his mother is killed in a mindless accident and he's suddenly left to his own devices."

These are available as free audio book downloads :)
http://solarclipper.com/get-the-books/

The six books are;
Quarter Share
Half Share
Full Share
Double Share
Captain's Share
Owners's Share

Bromptonboy

I am listening to the unabridged 'Dances With Dragons'.
Pete

DrKankles

I'm currently reading Redshirts by John Scalzi and I must say it is a damn entertaining read for a sci-fi and Star Trek fan.  The more you know about Trek the funnier the book is and it's a quick read.  :vulcan

I'm also reading Food of the Gods by H.G. Wells.  It's an interesting book and it's always fun to read the classics.

Finally I'm reading my own book, The Dawn of Mars, because I have to read it in book form at least once. 

Jeff  :usflag

Rico

Bromptonboy

Good so far Rico?  you recommend it?
Pete

Rico

Quote from: Bromptonboy on November 09, 2014, 01:11:42 PM
Good so far Rico?  you recommend it?

Not that far in yet. But seems good so far.