• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Heroes - Season Three - Villains (Spoilers)

Started by Geekyfanboy, May 10, 2008, 10:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meds

Looking great those are amazing pictures. Great post Kenny

Geekyfanboy

Actor Zachary Quinto and producer Tim Kring were interviewed by Sci Fi Wire, promising answers this season. "I think, actually, by the end of third hour of the show you'll have kind of most of those [answers]," Kring said. "I mean, one of the goals of this season -- because we'll have been off the air for nine months -- we didn't want to drag a lot of story behind us, and we didn't want to feel like you had to have watched two years of this show to catch up. So we wanted to answer things really quickly so that you could move forward on this volume and have a kind of clean path in front of you. So there really are not a lot of lingering questions that you carry with you from before. The goal for us from now on with these volumes is to try to answer literally 95 percent of the questions that are posed in the beginning of the volume ... by the end of the volume. This particular volume, 'Villains,' is 13 episodes long."

Geekyfanboy

NBC has released six quick scenes from the premiere episode of season three of Heroes.. you can check them out here.. can't wait for next Monday.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=18075

sheldor

I am absolutely exhausted after those 2 hours.  That was more then I expected.  Loved everyone - Nathan, Hiro, Nikki, Suresh, Peter, Claire, Noah.  WOW !!

Geekyfanboy

I was just about to ask if anyone saw last nights episodes... it was AMAZING

So many things happened I don't even know where to start...

Future Peter trying to kill his brother and takes over for present Peter sending Matt to Africa and present Peter into a body of another person...  Claire and Sylar, and then Sylar putting Claire's scalp back on to heal.. didn't expect that.  Mama Petrelli has a power of dreaming the future.. that's pretty cool.. and she's continue to be on the line between bad and good.. and SHE IS SYLAR's Mama... which means Sylar is Peter and Nathan's brother... amazing stuff.. Monhinder injecting himself and having spiderman type abilities.. of course until he wakes up and have things growing out of his back.. can't wait to see what he turns into. So much stuff happened and it's only the first two episodes..  Oh and I almost forgot.. Niki/Jessica/Tracy.. so are they triplites?? Loved the Ice woman. Can't wait for next weeks.

Rico

My head is still spinning from all of it.  One thing that just didn't sit right with me was Sylar being Nathan and Peter's brother.  I mean pretty soon everyone on this show will be related to each other.  But it was a great two hours of TV!  This season is off to an amazing start!

sheldor

So, how did everyone like GAH quick little cameo in this episode ?  Shouldn't have lost the instruction book Ralphie !! 

I have no idea what to think about Nikki - I had a hard time getting past all that makeup !!  :D

Geekyfanboy

I don't think that was Niki.. they made it sound like this Tracy had been with the governor for a while. I thnk it's another sister..

metron07

For a minute when GAH turned to ice and broke apart they stayed on the melting ice for a while. Could he be a Frozone and he fooled her?  :dry

jedijeff

I thought it was  pretty good season opener. I must admit I really like Tracy, I think she is going to be an interesting character to watch throughout the season. She certainly seemed like a woman of power and confidence. I think I like her more then the Nikki character, I guess we will be finding out what happened to Nikki soon, as they never touched on it is the season opener.
The superfast girl looks like will be a lot of fun, with her and Hiro going against each other.
The villains who escaped from level 5 seem very evil. I like that HRG is going after them should make for a great season for that story.
I must admit, that Maya is very attractive, I never really noticed it much last season, but between the preview show and the season opener, I was like wow.

moyer777

It was a crazy opener!  WOW!  We just sat there kind of stunned by the eye candy of it all.

It is set up for a pretty amazing season!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Geekyfanboy

This doesn't sound good...

'Heroes' Teeters With Series Low In Premiere

By MICHAEL HINMAN
Source: Zap2it
Sep-23-2008

It was the beginning of a new chapter, both literally and figuratively, but audiences don't seem ready to give "Heroes" a second chance just yet.

The season premiere of the one-time NBC juggernaut scored a 6.1 rating/9 share in its first hour, but dropped to a 5.6/9 in its second hour, according to Fast National ratings from Nielsen Media Research. The second hour marked a series low in overnight ratings which never before had dipped below the 6.0 rating mark.

Last year, "Heroes" averaged a 6.6/10, but the show already is well off its mark. A countdown show in the 8 p.m. hour finished at the same level as "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" on Fox, which isn't saying too much since that show also has struggled out of the gate.

Speaking of "Sarah Connor," that show finished with a 3.8/6, up about 8.6 percent from the week before, but still more than 7 percent off its season high, and 32 percent below last year's average. In fact, "Sarah Connor" is still 15.6 percent behind its lowest audience of the first season.

In terms of household ratings, "Heroes" finished ahead of only "Prison Break" and The CW programming in its first hour, and finished in last for the 10 p.m. hour, even being beat by "Boston Legal" on ABC. However, Zap2it says "Heroes" did have more viewers, if not more households.

Not even the coveted 18 to 49 age demographic is going to bail out either show this time around. NBC had a 4.1 overall, not terribly bad, but still only good enough for third behind a 4.5 from CBS and a 4.3 from ABC. While it was close at the top, it wasn't anywhere near that for everyone else. Fox finished last among the big four with a 2.4 while The CW finished with a 1.5.

For the night, NBC finished third with a 5.2/8, more than half the audience of ABC (which led mostly with reality programming), while Fox finished fourth with a 3.7/5.

ElfManDan

The season opener was amazing. It's really looks like it's setting up a good storyline for the upcoming episodes.

I'm excited for more, but I would like to know what happens next with Micah and Monica.

It's all very exciting though.

Rico

I thought two hours was too much really.  That plus that countdown thing before made it on all night.  I'm actually thinking the show is now getting the ratings I would have expected from the start.  I never really understood how the show got so popular with the general audience.  It's a complicated, geeky show.  Most of us like it, but I really don't think the general public really cares about it as much anymore.

Bryancd

The wife and I enjoyed it enough, we'll keep watching for a while.