TNG heading to the Sci-Fi Channel

Started by Rico, May 06, 2008, 05:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Cool news....

he Sci-Fi Channel acquired the cable TV rights to shows including in the CBS library, including Star Trek: The Next Generation.

As reported by The Futon Critic, reruns of Star Trek: The Next Generation will begin to air on the Sci-Fi Channel on Monday, June 2, 2008.

The Sci-Fi channel was the first channel to air both the original series and Star Trek: Enterprise on its channel. Enterprise is still airing on the channel. Star Trek: The Animated Series ran on the Sci-Fi Channel in the early 1990s.

The Next Generation has aired before, on the G4 Channel and on Spike Channel, when that channel was called The Nashville Network (TNN).

Sci-Fi Channel has also acquired the rights to such shows as Charmed, Highlander, Ghost Whisperer as well as Early Edition, Mork and Mindy and Friday the Thirteenth: The Series.

source:
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20080505scifi01

Geekyfanboy

That's awesome news.. I miss seeing TNG on TV.

billybob476

We get it in Canada on the Space Channel, they also play TOS, Voyager and Enterprise. No DS9 though.

Geekyfanboy

Voyager and Deep Space Nine are playing on Spike right now, who use to play TNG but haven't in a while. TOS is on various channels and Enterprise is on Sci Fi.

billybob476

I've been wondering, you guys get Spike in HD, right? How do Voyager and DS9 look in HD? Do they just upscale the SD versions?

spidey27

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on May 06, 2008, 08:27:37 AM
Voyager and Deep Space Nine are playing on Spike right now, who use to play TNG but haven't in a while. TOS is on various channels and Enterprise is on Sci Fi.

Spike stopped showing DS9 a couple of weeks ago. What makes it bad is they stopped right in the middle of season 7! :spidey

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: spidey27 on May 06, 2008, 09:22:11 AM
Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on May 06, 2008, 08:27:37 AM

Spike stopped showing DS9 a couple of weeks ago. What makes it bad is they stopped right in the middle of season 7! :spidey

I'm still getting one episode a week of DS9 on Spike

Jen

I'm watching DS9 on Spike too...
Yeah! TNG is coming to Sci-Fi!
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

moyer777

This makes me very happy.  I was so sad when they stopped showing TNG.  I don't have all of the DVD's so it was cool to have the DVR all loaded up.

YAY!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Meds

we get TNG on BBC2, DS9 on virgin, voyager on virgin but no TOS. is sci-fi channel the same everywhere because we get that but not sure if listings is the same?