• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

Started by Geekyfanboy, March 19, 2008, 08:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Is no one else watching this... if you are not... you really are missing out on something pretty cool.

X

I just watched it today and was floored laughing.

Geekyfanboy

Last part is up.. it's only free until Sunday.. then you can buy is on Itunes for $3.99 and it's so worth it.. I'm buying it now..

Third part was great.. made me laugh, made me cry.. I love Joss Whedon.

billybob476

Same here Kenny. Kinda reminded me of Revenge of the Sith, only funnier and sadder.

Rico

Joss has done it again!  Love this whole thing!!!

sheldor

Quote from: Jen on June 25, 2008, 06:36:58 PM
That looks so fun! Doogie Houser playing a doctor? Unbelievable. ;)

Oh yeah - forgot about that.

Darkmolerman

That was a great film, it is on hulu.com for 32 days (now it is 28 or 29) I laughed I cried I had a great time!
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Geekyfanboy

Check out the Comic Con panel for Dr. Horrible.. there are five parts..  these guys are so funny.

1 of 5
http://www.vimeo.com/1456281

2 of 5
http://www.vimeo.com/1456379

3 of 5
http://www.vimeo.com/1456498

4 of 5
http://www.vimeo.com/1456602

5 of 5
http://www.vimeo.com/1456663

Jobydrone

I just saw this finally, last night.  I loved it.  It reminded me so much of the Buffy musical episode from season six.  Joss has a knack for writing some catchy music for sure.  And I am in LOVE with Felicia Day.  Geek boys everywhere rejoice, we have a new goddess to worship.  Anyone who hasnt seen "the Guild" go to www.watchtheguild.com and check out Felicia Day's amazing work there.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Yeah "The Guild" is great.  I've mentioned it a few times on the forum.

Geekyfanboy

In 'Dr. Horrible' Comics, It's Hammer Time
Published by Jennifer Vineyard on Monday, July 28, 2008 at 2:02 pm.

You know it didn't just end with Dr. Horrible taking his place in the Evil League of Evil — Joss Whedon is dreaming up more, much more for his supervillain, and first and foremost, it's going to be in comics.

"We'd love to do more Dr. Horrible in any form," he said, "because that's a very rich universe, and it's a comic book universe very specifically."

That's because Dr. Horrible deconstructs superhero stereotypes — the villain is the nice guy, the hero is a jerk, and the girl they want to save they end up destroying with their actions. That's just for starters. The first of the comics, "Be Like Me," was an eight-page webcomic written by Joss' brother Zack from the point of view of Dr. Horrible's arch-nemesis Captain Hammer, and revealed the hero as the corporate tool Horrible always says he is. It'll be included in the bound volume of the My Space Dark Horse Presents collection.

More mini-issues are on the way, revealing more about Hammer as well as other characters. Such as:

"We want to do a Moist comic," Whedon said, referring to Horrible's friend-in-crime, who made it into the Henchman's Union; his ability is to dampen things, as evidenced by his profusive sweating. Not too impressive, but perhaps there's more to him than meets the eye — after all, he at least went out on dates.

"We also want to do a Fake Thomas Jefferson comic," Whedon added. "No one who is in the Evil League of Evil shouldn't be in there, except Fake Thomas Jefferson, who's pointless."

If more comics are to be had on the members of the League, Fury Leika is just begging for one to be called "Woman Scorned." And there's also rich material to come with the inevitable bumping-of-the-heads between Bad Horse (a take on Whedon's publisher Dark Horse?) and Horrible, considering Bad Horse's philosophy is "go kill someone" and Horrible's is "killing is not elegant or creative."

Given that the League is under the false impression that Horrible has made a kill — giving him credit for a murder he didn't commit — is he going to have to step up his evil game and do it for real? Those are other questions are waiting to be answered, but don't except the answers anytime soon — these won't be comics that will be out once a month. The next one is more likely to coincide with the DVD release of the webisodes.

"I'm very happy to say that we all have jobs," Whedon said, "so we're not all sitting around and saying, 'What are we going to do today?' We all have a lot of work — [Dr. Horrible co-writers and brother] Jed [Whedon] and Maurissa [Tancharoen] are working on 'Dollhouse,' Zack is staffed on 'Fringe,' but we all love the universe and Zack did such a great job that we all want to go back there."

Geekyfanboy

Dr. Horrible Sings Again, Gets Moist
Published by Jennifer Vineyard on Friday, August 29, 2008 at 1:27 pm.

Dr. Horrible hasn't given up on his plans of world domination — and neither have his creators. The promised soundtrack so you can actually sing along to "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" will be downloadable on iTunes as of September 2, and the next comic is already being written by Zack Whedon.

"The soundtrack is rapidly approaching," Whedon said. "And all those cut-offs, where the songs would just end," such as on "Freeze Ray," when Neil Patrick Harris sings, "I will stop..." just as he's interrupted and forced to stop singing, "they will be on there as they are on the show. They're just in a much higher quality, and no sound effects. I sing along to everything and it'll be weeks before I can stop. It's driven me mad. Luckily, I can still hold down a job."

That job would be writing for J.J. Abrams' new television show "Fringe" and writing "Fringe" comics, but on weekends, Whedon is freelancing on more Dr. Horrible-themed webcomics. His first one focused on Captain Hammer, and the next will be about Horrible's friend-in-crime, Moist.

"I'm interested in exploring how Moist became Moist," Whedon said. "It'll be 'Moist: Humidity Rising.' He is so far from making it into the Evil League of Evil, because he really isn't that bad at all." (Instead, Moist is in the Henchman's Union, because he accumulated enough hours "assisting evil people, and inconveniencing people. It doesn't take much," Whedon said.)

Whedon said they've talked about Fake Thomas Jefferson being next up. "Maybe we can get Drew [Goddard] to do some," Whedon said, considering Goddard played FTJ in the webisodes and wrote the "Wolves at the Gate" arc in the Buffy Season Eight comics. "That's a no-brainer for him. And that would be a coup."

And after that, it's up for grabs. "All of the Evil League of Evil characters have elaborate and hilarious backstories," Whedon said. "You could even do one about the groupies in an Archies comics style. Anyone who is seen in the web musical is a candidate for an eight-page comic in my book."

But because Whedon's moonlighting and he doesn't have an exact deadline — he'd like to time the next comic to the DVD release — "it's a ways off. Who knows? I could have one productive weekend and it's done, but no one should be holding their breath. Fortunately, I have a big support system, and my brothers [Joss and Zed] can also pick up some of the slack."

In the meantime, hang tight if you wish to be considered for the Evil League of Evil (the ten best three-minute video applications get on the DVD). Try and reach Bad Horse, and you get a response of "Please stand by. P.S. Please forgive the absence of song. The Bad Horse Chorus currently is recovering from a Horrible hang-over."

"When people are supposed to be submitting, it'll be abundantly clear how," Whedon promised. "Everyone will know."

Geekyfanboy

They just released the soundtrack on Itunes.. I just purchased it... it's so good.

Geekyfanboy

Did anyone else get the Soundtrack.. it's FANTASTIC!!! I'm addicted it.. I don't know how Joss does it.. but he can write some very catchy songs...

ElfManDan

I bought the soundtrack as soon as it was available, got it in my car and with a road trip coming up tomorrow should make the journey a lot more enjoyable. Bet I'll be singing the songs the whole way there.