• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Forum manners and usage - For All to Read

Started by Rico, March 16, 2006, 05:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Lately it has become obvious that some are not using the forum for what I intended.  While I am all for free speech and I hate censorship, this place does have a few limits that I must ask that members adhere to.  Here are a few guidelines:

1:  Rudeness to other members will not be tolerated. 
Some say, 'I was only joking around.'  Well, if another member doesn't take it as a joke, then it isn't one.  I think it will be obvious when this happens.  A good way to handle this is to then apologize. 

2:  Posting "conversations."  If you want to have a back and forth conversation, use a chat program.  This forum is not the place for that.

3:  Language use.  While I have very few filters in place here it's because I felt that would not be needed.  Trek and Sci-Fi fans tend to be an intelligent, well spoken group of people.  Personally, I do not enjoy reading curse words on my forum.  Please try to avoid them.

I think that will do it for now.  I expect anyone using this forum to follow these simple guidelines.  However, if someone can't seem to follow the above they will get a warning.  If the situation continues I will be forced to ban them.  I really don't want it to come to that.  I appreciate the interesting and thoughtful posts we have had over the past few months and want to see those continue.  Please send me a message if you have a any questions about the above.