• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

The Good that Men do. Week 2- March 11 - 17: Chap. 16 - Chap. 36

Started by Duffster, March 10, 2008, 08:09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duffster

Sorry I haven't been joining in yet. I am still waiting for my copy!!!! >:( >:( I am going to be yelling at someone soon!

Duffster
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

Rico

Almost through this next section of chapters.  Really getting interesting.  I'm enjoying the back and forth between things going on with Trip and those back on Enterprise.  I like the way they have woven the story together.  I'm also enjoying the deeper look into the Andorians and their society and culture.  Very fun read so far.  Anyone else on this section yet?

wraith1701

I really enjoyed these chapters, especially Trip's discovery of the true face of the Romulans.  I was pleased that the writers gave the revelation that I was looking for, while managing to fit it in with Trek continuity (by making it a Section 31 cover-up).  I also like the way T'Pol's inner torment is portrayed... but then I've always been a sucker for romantic tragedy.   

Rico

Yes, T'Pol is going through a lot in this one.  But of course she suspects things about Trip, which I found believable for her.  One thing I had a little hard time with was the whole, everyone needs to think I'm dead thing.  Seems a bit silly.  Especially given Trip was disguised surgically.  I mean it's not like the Romulans know a lot of people in Starfleet.  Anyway, still enjoying the read.

billybob476

Quote from: Rico on March 14, 2008, 12:14:55 PM
Yes, T'Pol is going through a lot in this one.  But of course she suspects things about Trip, which I found believable for her.  One thing I had a little hard time with was the whole, everyone needs to think I'm dead thing.  Seems a bit silly.  Especially given Trip was disguised surgically.  I mean it's not like the Romulans know a lot of people in Starfleet.  Anyway, still enjoying the read.

I assume they have to keep up the whole "people think I'm dead" thing to keep in line with Trip's death in the show. I'm not as far as you guys are, for me Trip just left the ship and is talking with the other guy from "the bureau" and it seems that "falling off the sensor grid" is standard practice for Section 31 operatives. At least in this time.