• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

What has your dog (or cat) destroyed?

Started by Rico, March 04, 2008, 05:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

So yesterday when Eric got home he discovered Kaylee had decided to make the TV remote (for one of our older sets) her new chew toy.  Pretty much shredded it.  At least the batteries were ok.  I don't think she ate much of it but I did push her nose to see if the TV would turn on - hehe!  She seems ok - but the remote is history.  It's funny but it's always been laying around and she never bothered it before.

So what has your pet destroyed?   :porthos

Bryancd

I can honestly say that neither Chip or Dexter have ever destroyed anything of ours. Chip can shred a chew toy in a New York min., he can even rip up those Kong rubber toys that are supposed to be chew proof. They seem to understand what is there's and what is ours. Chip will walk around carrying one of my wifes socks all day, but he just sits with it. :)

Rico

This was a first for us.  Kaylee loves to carry socks around too or just have something in her mouth.  Must be a retriever instinct.  Well, hopefully we have moved all the temptations out of the way now.

billybob476

Mika likes to claw he carpet to get our attention. She mangled an old carpet we had from Ikea, now she does the carpet in our apartment. Still trying to find solutions to make her stop. No incredible damage on the apartment carpet yet.

KingIsaacLinksr

Hmm....oh thats one, our kitty likes to scratch on the bottom of the door so she can "open" it.  Shes gotten sneakier and is actually able to open doors unless the latch is all the way closed.  Thankfully, she can't use door knobs. 

Our dog eats trash when he can.  I'm amazed he isn't dead or dying by now with all the junk that has gotten into him.  But thats a farm dog for ya. 

Oh,  and our cat is quite the problem when it comes to clothing.  Although she doesn't actively destroy it, she will cause some damage when we pick her up.  If not her claws, then her shedding hair. 

Ah pets. 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Jen

I have a black German Shepard/Lab mix named Abby, who is about 9 years old now. She has mellowed out in her old age but as a young dog she was a handful. Abby was born to two retired police dogs and she needs constant attention or she gets bored—she's a work dog. We bought her because David was traveling a lot and I wanted a dog that was friendly  but could also be trained to protect me. She definitely does that... She wouldn't hurt a fly, but if someone comes after me and I say "sick 'um" she goes after that person until I say "heel".

Anyway, when she was young, I used to keep her inside with me when David was out of town. One night, as I was sleeping, she apparently got bored and ate a hole in our wall to wall carpeting—clear down to the concrete foundation. We have all wood floors now partially because of her, so I can't be too mad at her.

In addition to being a geek girl I am also an avid gardener. I have lots of roses, lavender and herbs... but I have one flower bed that has nothing in it.. because Abby has made it her goal in life to destroy whatever I placed in it. Flowers... gone... rosemary bushes... dug up... I've tried everything to keep her out of it including a low watt poultry hot wire fence (for keeping chickens in a chicken yard). It would be the equivalent to licking a 9 volt battery, and I could touch it without it bothering me too much. Abby is an 80 pound dog, so I thought the sting to her nose would keep her away. It worked for a while, until she learned how to bat the wire down so that it was grounded... then she climbed over it and into my flower bed. The last thing I tried was planting cactus in that bed. She has a healthy respect for my roses, so I figured the same respect would be given to cactus. Nope. Not only did she dig them up but she ATE THEM. They apparently ticked her off so she chewed the all up and pooped them out the other end. I had to take her to the vet—they said dogs are very tough and can eat all sorts of sharp things. She was fine... but that one particular flower bed is still a waste land.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast