News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Our Next President

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 21, 2008, 12:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Locutus

Quote from: Bryancd on February 21, 2008, 03:31:59 PM
The problem is that surveys and polls, done on the phone, on line, mailed in, don't provide the utter anonymity that the voting both does. Ask an well meaning American if race matters to them, and they answer will likely be an impassioned no. Put that same person in a voting both and you can very well have a different outcome. It will be very interesting and a statement on the issue of race in this country. I fear we are still much more segregated than what is often portrayed in media and our cultural touch stones.

Race matters to me.

Of course, when I say it like that, it sounds racist.

But race matters because different races have different viewpoints, and it is important to have a diversity of views. Class also matters for the same reason, as well as age, gender, and any other signifying characteristics.

Now, that does not translate into any sort of a "win" for Obama or Clinton from me based on race or gender. I feel that Obama should be the VP and build that political capital getting "things done", and then translate that into a campaign in four or eight years which would allow him to point to the things he accomplished.

To answer the question based in the topic of this thread - if the Dems put up a can of paint thinner as Pres with rotten fruit as the VP, I would vote for it. I don't believe this country, nor the world,  will survive another Neo-Con regime. (Of course, since McCain looks like the front runner, that [hopefully] won't be the case, but his base is still too far right for my comfort.)
Admiral Piett: Impossible! Are calcs proves us otherwise.
" Blalock's 'Shadow Puppets' To Get California Release" <-- Best headline ever on this site.