• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Favorite Star Trek Captain?

Started by wraith1701, February 11, 2008, 11:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is your favorite Star Trek Captain?

James T. Kirk
Jean-Luc Picard
Benjamin Sisko
Kathryn Janeway
Jonathan Archer

moyer777

Well, I was the first one who voted.. I just haven't had time to tell you why I picked Picard.

Captain Picard was not only an interesting character, but I loved his appreciation of the arts.  He seemed more "moral" in a sense than Kirk, but maybe not.  I thought that he used his intelligence far more than Kirk and in my estimation he was a far superior actor then any of the others.

So here is my breakdown.

Picard
Kirk
Janeway
Sisko
Archer

in that order.

:vulcan

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

psikeyhackr

Sisko wins for me.

I can't say for sure how much it is how well he did the part or the fact that the entire tone of DS9 created the need for a different type of captain.

Picard and Janeway were just too goody two shoes for me.  I loved the way Torres kept calling Harry Starfleet at the beginning of Voyager.  Deriding that obnoxious perfection.

psik
Andre Norton does it better than J.K.Rowling

X

I really don't hate Janeway, but if you take her screen time as a whole, she was constantly loosing people, equipment, or getting her ship stolen from under her.

I think that because of the situation she was in, they made her seem the weakest captain of the lot. She seem more like the scientist than the others. She also was just an odd bird. She decided to destroy the array to protect the ocampa, but that was a move that violated the prime directive and messed with her character.

She went from staunch believer in the prime directive to just paying it lip service on two many times. It made her seem a bit unstable. You didn't know what you could count on with Janeway.

The writers wrote her into a corner to be able to deliver the stories that they wanted us to see each week.