• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Info and pics of "The Ultimate Computer" Remastered episode

Started by Rico, February 09, 2008, 10:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Got a real good remastered TOS episode airing this weekend with some cool new effects shots.  "The Ultimate Computer" is the rare TOS episode that actually pits Federation Starships against each other in battle.  Read on...

EXCLUSIVE: This weekend on the digitally remastered Star Trek airing in syndication we will be treated to a brand new version of "The Ultimate Computer." This effects-heavy episode features the USS Enterprise facing off against four Federation Starships in a wargame that turns deadly. The TOS-R producers talked exclusively with TrekMovie.com about the episode and also shared some new preview images.

The TOS-R team chose this episode to be their 'big event' sweeps episode for the 2nd year of the show (last year it was "The Doomsday Machine"). TrekMovie.com talked with Star Trek Remastered producers Mike Okuda, Denise Okuda, and Dave Rossi about what we can expect.

Read more here:
http://trekmovie.com/2008/02/07/tos-r-producers-talk-ultimate-computer-and-share-new-images/#more-1546

Some new effects shots....

Dan M

I'm watching it now, and the cuts are quite frustrating.  I know we endure them every week, but they seem particularly inelegant with this episode.

I'm sure part of it is that this is one of my favorite TOS episodes, so the missing dialogue is very apparent to me.

I love the shots of the Enterprise from different angles.

Visually, TOS-R is really whetting my appetite for the new movie.  It'll be great seeing that design (or a close approximation) on the big-screen with state-of-the-art ILM visual effects.

Rico

Cuts for time in syndication are always frustrating.  It's really a shame that they go into the effort of doing this only to have the local stations cut bits out.  Oh well, the HD-DVD's have the full versions on them.

Dan M

Yeah, we've been dealing with syndication cuts in TOS for decades.  These just seemed particularly bad.

KingIsaacLinksr

Is there anyway I can see them except going out and buying my own TV?

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Rico

KingIsaacLinksr

A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

davekill

Oh man, I've been waiting for this re-mastered episode!

The Enterprise has always been one of my favorite TOS characters and
I'm real happy to see more of the fleet.
Another great (but short) re-mastered space battle was the Enterprise vs. Klingon in the beginning of "Errand Of Mercy"