• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Star Trek: Season 6 - Arabella

Started by Geekyfanboy, March 05, 2008, 02:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

As the shuttle approached the Arabella, Casey thought to himself, that it was not the Tiberius as it was significantly smaller and sleeker. The crew and officer compliment would be smaller also, hopefully making his job allot easier.

Myella's eyes were big and wide as she saw the ship for the first time, it was differrent then she had imagined.  Casey smiled slightly as his thoughts had drifted back to the first time he had seen the Tiberius and how glorious and wonderful that feeling had been for him.

Dr. Peterson Smiled at his wife and said" she is a beautiful ship isn't she".

His wife replied: "She is beautiful"

The shuttle finished its landing procedures and the Peterson's disembarked the shuttle and headed for deck 2 to unpack. Then Casey left their quarters and headed to Deck 5 to check out his new sickbay and staff.

X

Aeric smiled as the crewmen moved the small Seiler grand Piano styled piano into the corner of the bar and lounge of the Arabella. He had gone through hundreds of models before finally choosing that particular design. The gray body and clear top seemed to be the perfect choice for the new soul of the ship. He had spent three decades learning to play various musical instruments, from dozens of worlds, but the piano had become his favorite. When he hadn't been involved in work, he could sit at a good piano for hours to sing and play the night away.

"It looks great there crewman," Aeric said. He moved to the piano and took a seat. His rested his fingers on the ivory and ebony keys and slowly played. It was an Earth tune that he had memorized long ago. The lyrics flowed smoothly from his voice, perfect pitch and tone being one of the benefits of his microscopic machines.

It's nine o'clock on a Saturday. The regular crowd shuffles in There's an old man sitting next to me Making love to his tonic and gin

Those that had already arrived to the comforts of the new lounge found their attention turning towards the Lieutenant Commander as he lifted his voice for the song. Smiles greeted the face of some of the patrons while others looked on with curiosity as the unfamiliar tune played.

He says, "Son can you play me a memory I'm not really sure how it goes  But it's sad and it's sweet  And I knew it complete  When I wore a younger man's clothes"

The doors to the yet unnamed bar opened to allow other members of the crew entry. Officers and enlisted sat at their tables and sipped their beverages as Aeric continued. He smiled to himself and continued to play. He would have to return to duty in a few hours, but now was the time for fun. Aria had wanted to meet him there, but his early arrival and the installation of the instrument became a much enjoyed diversion.

Sing us a song you're the piano man  Sing us a song tonight  Well we're all in the mood for a melody  And you've got us feeling alright  Now John at the bar is a friend of mine  He gets me my drinks for free  And he's quick with a joke or to light up your smoke  But there's someplace that he'd rather be   He says, "Bill, I believe this is killing me"  As a smile ran away from his face  "Well, I'm sure that I could be a movie star  If I could get out of this place"  Now Paul is a real estate novelist  Who never had time for a wife  And he's talking with Davy, who's still in the Navy  And probably will be for life  And the waitress is practicing politic  As the businessmen slowly get stoned  Yes they're sharing a drink they call loneliness  But it's better than drinking alone 

Aria and Beth quietly slipped into the lounge to hear the last few verses of her father's song. His presence there was not totally unexpected, but it did negate the surprise that she had planned.

Sing us a song you're the piano man  Sing us a song tonight  Well we're all in the mood for a melody  And you've got us feeling alright  It's a pretty good crowd for a Saturday  And the manager gives me a smile  'Cause he knows that it's me they've been coming to see  To forget about life for a while   And the piano sounds like a carnival  And the microphone smells like a beer  And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar  And say "Man what are you doing here?"   Sing us a song you're the piano man  Sing us a song tonight  Well we're all in the mood for a melody  And you've got us feeling alright

The girls clapped with the rest of the crew as the final note hung in the air. Aria lifted her sister and walked towards her father.

"Are you doing requests?" she asked.

Aeric smiled to his children. "What would you like to hear?"

"Faith of the Heart." Aria said. She took a moment to glance around at some of those that she invited to the part promotion part birthday party. It was too late for surprises, but when everyone else arrived, they would make a celebration out of it.

"Twinkle twinkle, little star," Beth chimed in.

moyer777

The cargo transport docked with the Arabella and Margon woke J'dan. 

"J'dan, were home..." the counselor said with a smile.

J'dan startled awake- "I didn't do it!" he cried out.

"Sure you didn't" said Margon dryly.

"Come on, get your stuff, we've docked.  We're at the Arabella"

J'dan rubbed the sleep from his eyes as the counselor picked up the pet carrier.  Mr. Mouse looked through the bars with wide eyes and made a little growling sound. 

"Don't worry friend" said the counselor, "we'll have you in your quarters in no time."

The doors opened and they stepped on to the ship.  J'dan stayed back and spoke to the workers who would be transporting the supplies to the mess hall.  The counselor walked down the corridor after getting permission to come aboard.  He got the data pad out of his pocket and looked up his quarter assignment.  Stepping onto the turbo lift he simply stated- "Counselor Margon's quarters"  The turbo lift whirred and the doors opened.  He stepped onto his deck and made his way to the assigned room. 

The doors hissed open and the counselor walked into a lined holo grid. There was some furniture just sitting in the room, the wall had a replicater and computer panel, nothing else but a holo grid on the walls, ceiling and floor.   "Computer" he said out loud "Margon quarters 1 alpha beta" Instantly the room transformed into a beatiful wood finished apartment with rows and rows of books lining the walls.  A maroon high backed couch sat in the living room with a scratching post sitting next to it.  An old fashioned fireplace with a cast iron tea pot hanging next to it appeared and the scent of a spice tea arose in the air.  His desk was old fashioned but equipped with the latest technology.

He sat Mr. Mouse down and opened the cage door.  Mr. Mouse cautiously stepped out of the container and instantly jumped toward the scratching post.  He knew this place.  He had been living here for a year now. 

The counselor was going to try and experiment.  His sessions would be conducted in enviroments that his clients would be at ease in.  Not only that, they could change whenever he wanted, depending on the needs of his patients.  He was hoping with the holo lab on board and his year of work with Reginal Barkley, that this was not only going to be a success, but would revolutionize counseling in starfleet deep space missions.

Margon smiled and touched the computer panel.  "Computer, who is on board already?"

The screen lit up and began to show the crew manifest. 

"This is going to be a wonderful adventure" he said to himself.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Omra

Korridan was arranging personal items atop his dresser, when he heard the door to the quarters open, he turned his head to greet the new arrival.  He saw an average sized man cautiously enter and look about, he must have heard Korridan moving items about because he quickly made a beeline for the other bedroom.  With out saying hello.

Korridan did his best not to take it personally, and went back to personalizing his room.  He tried to keep his mind off of the unsocialable crewman, but found himself looking over occasionally to see what he was up to.  He wondered why the gentleman had his lights down so low, and why he never looked in Korridans direction.  And he seemed to be in no hurry to unpack either, or maybe he was trying to deliberately drag it out, in order to avoid meeting his roommate.

His room in order he headed over to send a communique over to Keyrn to let him know about the new posting and to thank him for the heads up about it, and to let him know that Shyn had not killed anyone... yet.  As he entered the information he noticed a familiar odor, but couldn't quite place it.... it had been a long time since he had; he bolted straight up. 

He marched over to the entrance of the adjoining bedroom and stood in the doorway, the crewman stopped sorting his unmentionables and froze, tension filled the air.  "Turn around," Korridan had not intended for it to sound like a command, but it sure came out that way.  The stranger slowly and reluctantly turned to face him, Korridan barked, "computer, lights normal level."  The lights revealed a man with unmistakable yet muted Cardassian features.

His skin was not ashen, and he had tiny nose ridges much like a Bajoran, Korridans blood rushed to his features.  He was not angry at the Outcast, he was angry at what he represented; the rape of a Bajoran woman and the utter disdain they felt toward the inescapable results of their crime.  The mixed blood felt nervous and uneasy under Korridans glare.  He spoke in a voice filled with shame and heartache, "I can find another room, it would not be the first time a roommate kicked me out..."

Koridan asked him, "You grew up in an Orphanage didn't you?"  The man nodded, "Many orphanages actually, my behavior was very unpopular..."  Korridan softened his stare, encouraging him to continue.  "I had a bad habit of breaking into the infirmary and trying to cut off my Cardassian features," he winced, remembering the painful memories, "I think I spent more time in Hospitals than I did in Orphanages."  Korridan studied the mans face and neck, he nodded, that explained a lot about the man appearance.  He had heard much of these outcasts but had never seen one before, people rejected by both of their cultures, it must be a miserable way to live...

Korridan strode toward him, the man backpedaled until he was stopped by his bed.  He flinched when Korridan raised his right hand, but relaxed when he realized that he was not being attacked.  Korridan clasped his ear, and felt the mans Pagh.  The outcast became very emotional, no one had every done this for him, he was taken back by the generous gesture.  Korridan inclined his head until their foreheads touched, and he whispered, " Your Pagh is troubled and confused, but I can feel the Prophets reaching out to you."  Tears ran down the mixed bloods cheeks.

"I will teach you how to listen for them," Korridans voice was tender and understanding, "and how to seek their guidance."  He placed his hand over the mans heart, "The Prophets see your spirit as Bajoran; and therefore so shall I."

He held out his hand, "My name is Valcore Korridan."  The man timidly grasped his hand in a trembling heartfelt handshake, "Volture Nyrynn."

X

Acting Ensign Aria James watched as her father continued to play the piano. The soft melody of the current tune caused her thoughts to drift towards past events...

It had been less than two weeks since the remnants of the Tiberius medical team had discovered a cure to the Lucas Virus. In light of the discovery and medical work, she had numerous offers to prestigious medical academies to continue her education. She had made a name for herself in the short time since her return and she still did not know where her path lay.

She took a breath and reread the current message displayed on the PADD. In recognition for her assistance in curing the Lucas Virus, she had been granted a full medical license pending a final series of test to document her training. In roads to return to Starfleet had been made, but she simply did not have the time to return to the Academy. In her birth reality, she had already gone through the process and she did not wish to repeat the same training again.

She was happy to take the tests that would confirm her medical training, but hesitant to repeat four years of school when she and Sevryll had made great progress in their relationships. They had made many plans and now that the quarantine was lifted, they could spend time to get to know each other.

With a few keystrokes, she confirmed that she would attend the testing process, but family matters would delay her from enrolling in Starfleet Academy. Aria pushed back a lock of hair from her face and sent her reply.

The universe was changing around them and even as the crew of the Tiberius healed their wounds, more people were being questioned and arrested in connection to the virus. It would be months if not years before they could put the loss of the Tiberius behind them.

Aria rose from her desk and activated her last unread message. It was a voice message from her father.

"Aria, it's Dad. I need you to come to my quarters when you get this. It seems that our family has found yet another new member. Rory and I will be waiting on you."

With the silence of the now ended song, Aria's attention returned to the present. She smiled as her father lifted Beth to her lap and began to teach her the keys. She had a complicated family, but she would not have it any other way. She moved from the piano towards her mother and siblings. The party had began in ernest and she really want to spend what might be her last free time with her family.

A new mission would be starting soon and she could not think of any other place she would rather be.

Geekyfanboy

Quinn strolled down the corridors of the new ship greeting crewmen as he passed by. He had memorized every section of this ship from stem to stern. It was good to be home among the stars, he though. Though he was Captain of the Tiberius as he had taken over when Captain Bell mysteriously disappeared, it never felt quite like his ship. He was the first officer and helped assemble the crew but it had always been Captain Bell's ship and Captain Bell's crew. But with this ship, with his Arabella, this was his crew. Quinn's smile broadened as he enter the turbolift. 'Bridge" he said proudly.

Moments later Quinn arrived on the bridge as he stepped out he could see only a handful of crewmen. His crew were still making their way to Vulcan as there were still several days before they departed. Most of his original crew agreed to come back and serve with him once again but regretfully some did not. Quinn understand their refusal of his offer and held no ill feelings towards them. "Captain on the bridge" a young Ensign shouted to the other two crewmen. All three stood at attention. Quinn smiled, "At ease... I'm just heading to my Ready Room." The three continuing working as Quinn entered his ready room. The door hissed behind him as he stood there looking at his new office. Everything was as he requested he made a note to thank Lt. James for taking care of it. Nathan walked over the viewport and looked out amount the stars and said in a soft whisper "Here we come..."

END OF SEASON