• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

STAR TREK MOVIE TRAILER?

Started by Trekkygeek, January 18, 2008, 12:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

It's the second, the USS Constitution, NCC-1700 being the first.

wraith1701

Quote from: billybob476 on January 19, 2008, 12:09:24 PM
It's the second, the USS Constitution, NCC-1700 being the first.
Yep.   :)

By the way; I've made peace with the fact that this film won't mirror what is currently accepted as canon - after all, when time travel is involved, continuity tends to get pretty malleable.  I'm fine with this; after all, it's not like this is the first time that canon has been altered or retconned in the Star Trek universe. 

I am wondering how a couple of things will be addressed, however.

For example, Kirk was the 3rd Captain of the 1701, wasn't he?  First April, then Pike, then Kirk.  And Spock had served with Pike on the Enterprise for several years before he met up with Kirk.  So; in this new timeline, are Kirk, Spock and company the first crew to command the 1701?  Just wondering...

Ktrek

Quote from: wraith1701 on January 19, 2008, 04:57:52 PM
For example, Kirk was the 3rd Captain of the 1701, wasn't he?  First April, then Pike, then Kirk.  And Spock had served with Pike on the Enterprise for several years before he met up with Kirk.  So; in this new timeline, are Kirk, Spock and company the first crew to command the 1701?  Just wondering...

I think many of us are wondering the same thing because according to canon, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here, Spock served under Pike for 11 years before Kirk took command.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

wraith1701

Quote from: Ktrek on January 19, 2008, 08:39:15 PM
I think many of us are wondering the same thing because according to canon, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here, Spock served under Pike for 11 years before Kirk took command.

Kevin

Sounds right to me, Kevin.

Don't get me wrong; I'm willing to overlook any changes, as long as the writers can explain them.  I guess it is likely that the villain's attempts to change the time line (if this does turn out to be the plot of the story) will alter how and when the Enterprise crew comes together.  I look forward to seeing how this will play out.

Rico

Who says they are in command of the ship?  At least early on.  Keep in mind from what has been rumored this is going to not be a linear plot.  If you take my meaning.

Rico

Official full teaser trailer is now up!  Online here:  http://www.paramount.com/startrek/

Geekyfanboy

THAT WAS AWESOME... so much better then the You tube version.. can't wait to see it on the big screen.

billybob476

Seriously! Now I am super excited! My wife said it was cute to see me getting so excited about a movie.

Rico

Now - that's what I'm talking about!  ;)

Rico

Guys, on the teaser page there is a little red light or button just to the right of where it says under construction.  Click it and it takes you here:   http://www.ncc-1701.com/

COOL!!!

Geekyfanboy

That's a cool find... I got three of the four monitors working.. it's kind of cool that you have to tweak them for them to come in clear.. I love all the intractive stuff.

davekill

That will make a nice promotion and curry favor with the fans if the studio implements "MYST" type puzzles to gain clues about the movie.
Currently I look forward to the December release as if it where a family reunion - Just not shure who else will show up, but I expect it's not the family that I remember.

Rico

Try these settings on the cameras...

If you don't want to play around...then the setting are [CAM 1: 564, CAM 2: 125, CAM 3: 955, CAM 4: 289]

P.S.  It seems each time you load the page one camera is randomly offline.  Just reload to try again, but I've only ever seen three up at once.

moyer777

That is so cool.  I am loving this.  How incredible!

The boys went to Cloverfield last night and said that folks weren't too excited abou the star trek trailer.  Oh well, I am excited about it!

:)

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Ktrek

Interesting but I would have liked it more if they actually showed you something you don't see in the trailer.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine