Lieutenant Nicholas Took - Engineering

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 16, 2008, 03:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

This has been my NPC character since season one.. I have decided to bump him up to a full character that I will be running along with Captain Quinn. Here is his profile.

Character's Name: Nicholas Daneil Took

Stats:

Born: 2345.6
Place Of Birth: Deferion Provience, Telave VII
Species Of Origin: Telavian
Hair: Brown   
Eyes: Green
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 160
Skin Tone: Light
Telepathic and Empathic Status: None
Body:Muscular
Face : Kind
Marital Stats: Single
Children: None
Habits: Self Doubting
Quarters: Very clean and sparce
Dislikes: Small tight places   
Ambitions and Goals: To enjoy every moment of living
Temperament: Calm, Kind
Hobbies: Classical music, mythological studies, Earth History

Family
Mother: Elizabeth (deceased??)
Father:  Daneil (desceased??)
Siblings: Three / sister Nyla, brother Nash and brother Neville

Character History

Nicholas was born on Telave VII, his childhood was.. to say the least...very rough. His planet is not part of the Federation. Two factions have been at war for thousands of years. Millions of people have died. Those who have gotten off world are seen as beggars, thieves or burdens to society. He escaped when he was fourteen, his parents managed to smuggle him off world with a trader. This trader promised to bring him to Earth but instead sold him in to the Orion slave trade. It would be another six years before a Starfleet officer rescued him from his capture and brought him to Earth. He enrolled in Starfleet and knew this was where he was suppose to be. It was tough to fight the stigma of his race. He worked extra hard at the Academy and graduated in the top 10 percent of his class. But there were sacrifices along the way. He barely had any friends and was seen very much as loner. He was very happy when he was assigned to the Tiberius. He knew he would be able to start a new life for myself.  But it seems that the prejudice at the Academy has followed him to the ship.

Bryancd

I think his new Chief Engineer is going to like him. :)

PepperDude

I wonder which crew members will see him as a burden on the Federation? . . .

Bryancd

Most likely Gandalf...."A fool of a Took!"

wraith1701

Nice character, Kenny.  :)  His tortured past should make for some interesting posts.

With his experience with the Orion slave trade, I'm curious about how he will react/interact with Tain...

Geekyfanboy

Nicolas Took was small for his age and the Telavian children would often reminded him of this fact. Though he was small he was smarter then the average child and this helped him survive his war torn planet of Telave VII. The two factions, Severtess Pac and the Arcoreden have been fighting for as long as he could remember. His family found shelter as most did in the sewers under the once great city of Karazath. 

Nic was the youngest of four children, but he could barely remember his siblings as they were taken from his family when he was still very young. Nic was his mother and fathers sole purpose for living. They did everything in their power to protect their last remaining child.

He had just turned 14 and knew that this was the age that the Arcoreden, the faction in which control his part of the planet, "recruited" young men for their army. This had happened to his siblings so many years ago, never to be heard from again.

Though they were in the middle of a war and lived in poverty, Nic's mother always celebrate his birthday. Every year she had managed to give her son a small but meaningful gift. This year she had made him a roped bracelet from her own hair and placed in the center two small green/blue jewels that had been passed down from her mother's side of the family.  Nic smiled and quickly tied the bracelet around his wrist, his mother's dirty and famished face beamed at him as they embraced. Suddenly there were loud shouts coming from just outside their dwelling.

The Arcoreden had come for her final son...