• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Wonder Woman Cartoon

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 16, 2008, 12:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Keri Russell — The New Voice of Wonder Woman

She may not have the look or body for it, but Warner Bros. is convinced that actress Keri Russell ("Felicity" & "Mission Impossible III") does have the voice it takes to be the next Wonder Woman.

The popular actress will provide the voice for the superheroine in Warner's upcoming all animation, straight to DVD release of "Wonder Woman."

The comic was first introduced to American audiences at the start of World War II in December 1941. Apart from comic books, the icon's most successful venue was on 1970's television when an unknown actress of the period named Lynda Carter donned the outfit and lasso to become, what many consider to be the one and only Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman was one of the first of many future female superheros and villains such as Super Girl, Cat Woman, Elektra, Batgirl, Storm and Jean Grey.

"Wonder Woman: The Animated Movie" should be out on DVD in late 2008 or early 2009.

Ktrek

Cool! I am a huge Wonder Woman fan! In fact a week ago I just bought a book by Les Daniels called "Wonder Woman - The Complete History". It's really well done and has some great pictures in it. It only cost me $7.98 at Half Price Books so I couldn't pass it by.

I also believe that Andy Mangels who wrote the Star Trek: Titan book Taking Wing also has a Wonder Woman history book coming out soon. It will be interesting to compare.

I kind of wish that Warner was doing a Wonder Woman animated series instead of a one off movie. If the same production teams that worked on Batman and Superman were involved it would be awesome. I suspect that Wonder Woman is not as popular though except among DC diehards.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

moyer777

this could be really cool.  I am hopeful.

I know the kids and I really enjoyed the Doomsday DVD with Superman.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

Just watched this last night.  Pretty cool.  Rated PG-13 and a bit more 'adult' than I thought it would be.  Which was ok by me.  Animation was well done and I enjoyed it.  The voices were a good fit too.

http://www.amazon.com/Wonder-Woman-2009-Keri-Russell/dp/B001LK8SKW/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1236967004&sr=8-2

sheldor

Yeah - looks good.  May be moving to the top of my netflix list.

moyer777

My boys enjoyed it.  I have to watch it still, it's sitting right next to my computer!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Ktrek

I liked the film overall but I think that Keri Russell was miscast. I did not care for her voice and approach to the character at all. Outside of her though, I thought, the casting was spot on. The story was fun although extremely gruesome for a cartoon. Definitely not a kids movie.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine