• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

"Taking Wing" interview with authors!

Started by Rico, January 04, 2008, 05:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Ktrek has contacted Andy Mangels one of the author's of the book and setup a chance for me to interview him.  Probably towards the end of this month.  So while you read this next book, try and think of some good questions to ask the authors (we might get both of them).  Jot them down and PM them to me and I'll pick some good ones to ask during the interview.  Thanks again to Ktrek for setting this up.

wraith1701

Sweet!  And thanks, Ktrek!  I have a million questions; I'll PM some of them to you this evening, Rico.

Jen

Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

billybob476

Wow that is super cool. Way to give our book club some real legitimacy!

Ktrek

Any word on when this is going to take place Rico? Have you gotten enough questions?

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

Quote from: Ktrek on January 29, 2008, 12:08:43 PM
Any word on when this is going to take place Rico? Have you gotten enough questions?

Kevin

Can use more questions.  I'm still lining up the date.  Hopefully within the next two weeks.

wraith1701

I'd forgotten about this!

PM'd you some more questions; looking forward to the interview. ;D

Rico

Got them.  I've got a list going.  Anyone else with questions for the author(s) of "Taking Wing" either post them in this thread or PM me.

jedijeff

I have a few questions

I guess my first, what is the difference he finds writing a book with another author as opposed to writing it by himself. Also, how do they work in arrangement like that, the pros and cons. How is the decision made for a book to be co written.

Another question would be with Characters, and how those are determined. I will use Dr Ree as an example, was this decided by the Authors, or did CBS/Paramount/Star Trek gods suggest this character, or other characters? What is the process for these new characters created, how much flexibility does the author have, and how much do they have to work with CBS/Paramount on this.

billybob476

and as a follow up how much does say CBS/Paramount have overall? Do they get involved in story, etc.

Rico

Looks like we are targeting Feb. 9th as the interview day. 

Rico

I'm set for the interview for this coming Saturday with both authors of "Taking Wing."  So, any last questions you want considered please list them here or PM me.

Rico

Last chance for questions.  Doing the interview in a few hours later on today.

Ktrek

Oohh!! I almost forgot about this.

1. I'd like to know if the idea to make Titan so diverse was the editor's or their idea? And did they think it was a risk not making the crew mostly human because it would be harder for fans to identify with the characters or even visualize them?

2. In the movie Nemesis we see Wesley in uniform and supposedly he was to join Riker's staff on the Titan. Although his part never made it to screen. Now Star Trek The Tour has a video segment with Wesley as chief engineer on the Titan. Will the books carry this forward or will it be disregarded? Or is Wesley on the Titan and we have just not met him in the books yet?

You can reword these Rico but I think you'll get the idea.

Kevin

"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine