• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Star Wars: Robot Chicken Style

Started by Geekyfanboy, April 25, 2007, 10:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Robot Spoofs Star Wars

Seth Green and Matthew Senreich, creators of Cartoon Network's Robot Chicken, will develop Robot Chicken: Star Wars, a 30-minute stop-motion animation special directed by Green for the network's Adult Swim programming block, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The special spoofs key scenes and characters from the Star Wars universe, including creator George Lucas, who will voice the animated version of himself. The special was made in collaboration with Lucasfilm.

Robot Chicken: Star Wars will also feature Mark Hamill as the voice of Luke Skywalker in one sketch, as well as a voice cast that includes Conan O'Brien, Seth MacFarlane, Robert Smigel, Malcolm McDowell, Hulk Hogan, James Van Der Beek, Donald Faison, Abraham Benrubi, Breckin Meyer and Joey Fatone. The special will premiere at 10 p.m. June 17 on Adult Swim.

markinro

:starwars:

I was just reading the article on yahoo.   What a great idea.

Darth Gaos

Yeah I just saw this on CNN...I cannot wait.  Robot Chicken is one of the funniest shows to come out in a long time and the "Papa Palpatine"skit had me in tears......I will DEFINITELY  be setting up the DVR for this one.
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

Bryancd

The RobotChicken episode with the Palpatine on the phone with Vader following the destruction of the Death Star is the second funniest Star Wars spoof ever behind Triumph on line for EpII.

markinro

Oh my gosh -- forgot about that one.  One of the best !!

[youtube=425,350]fZHO7cB9WsY[/youtube]

ryanlb

Oh, man, I wish I had cable for this.  I'm going to have to see if I can find someone that will be DVD it for me (unless that's inappropriate).
"I won't have this handed to me, it's only worth something if you struggle for it.  Damn it, Bones, I want my pain.  I NEED my pain."
"The fact that you just quoted Star Trek V to me only proves how screwed we are without that money." ~ PVP Online

Movie Sean

This could be the best thing ever since that thing that was better then sliced bread.
Call me cocky, but if there's an alien I can't kill, I haven't met him and killed him yet.

Geekyfanboy

markinro

Quote from: markinro on April 26, 2007, 07:52:47 AM
Oh my gosh -- forgot about that one.  One of the best !!

[youtube=425,350]fZHO7cB9WsY[/youtube]

OH NO - ITS GONE !!  Can't find it on YouTube.  Knew I should have copied from the DVR to tape.  Arrrrrggghh !!!

Dan M

I read in an interview with Seth Green that the special will likely get its own DVD release.

wraith1701

You can still watch the clip at the Adult Swim website; I just watched it 5 times  :D

http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a25c392132b05a201132b098c6d0008

Bryancd

I have it saved to my hard drive. :)

markinro

Quote from: wraith1701 on December 30, 2007, 04:06:10 PM
You can still watch the clip at the Adult Swim website; I just watched it 5 times  :D

http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a25c392132b05a201132b098c6d0008

Wheewww...I got my fix.  Can sleep better tonight.  Thanks.