• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Sci Fi covers All Dimensions and All ages - even mine :)

Started by anim5, March 04, 2006, 08:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anim5

Hello all.
Good to see the lights of imagination, good taste and wonder still shining in the world.
I'm stepping back into the Federation Universe after a few decades wandering in the 'real' world.
Hope it'll be fun.
"anim5" is one of my first BBS user names and has nothing to do with Sci-Fi ( it's an old Amiga animation format )

I'll confess my age at the start - I watched the TOS and was scared out of my wits by such things as plastic
knights on horse, fish-mouthed aliens and faceless female crewmembers feeling along the corridors ( after an encounter with
Charley Evans.)

It seems tame now,but I was six years old when the series premiered.
It was a real treat getting to
stay up late and hear " Star Trek  . .  In COLOR !  . . .  Brought to you by . . Nabisco!"

So . .  if you're interested in learning anything about those old days of TV and Sci-Fi, just ask
Rico 'cause believe me, he knows a ton more about than I do.  :)

To quote Twain:
"He knows all that CAN be known and I know the rest."

See Ya'
  :porthos

Javert

well welcome to the forum it's always cool to have people that got to see trek in the beginnings.

Rico

Welcome anime5.  We are of the same era.  Even though I only first saw Trek TOS in rerun syndication.  Welcome to the forums!  :biggrin

Geekyfanboy

Welcome to the group.. sit back, relax and join in the conversation.

Riskygodfather

"Do a barrel roll" - Peppy, StarFox 64
"Coincidence... I think NOT!" - Bear, Polkadot Shorts
"If at first you don't succeed... you fail" -Portal preview

Admiral Anthony Out

Fanboy

"I aim to misbehave."

spock

Visit the Unofficial Treks n Sci-Fi RPG forum http://spocksmac.byethost11.com/forum

Javert

my late great grandpa watched TOS with my dad when he was young so trek has been in our blood for 4 generations

Picard_delta_5

wow, thats pretty cool, i only saw tos on reruns and now on dvd, welcome
Star Trek Will Rise Again

spock

My dad claims that ST is drivel but he secretly likes it
Visit the Unofficial Treks n Sci-Fi RPG forum http://spocksmac.byethost11.com/forum

Picard_delta_5

Star Trek Will Rise Again