• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Star Wars : Death Star - Week 3 Chapters 42-61 - Spoilers

Started by Duffster, December 10, 2007, 04:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duffster

Let's keep it going, what's everyones thoughts on how the story is unfolding?
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

Rico

Isn't this week three?  Anyway, I'm about 30-40 pages into this part.  Pretty good still.  They are moving the story ahead in time a bit now.

Duffster

www.thehugonaut.com

PepperDude

Interesting how Ratua, Nova, Memah, and the doctor "meet" in the cantina.

I knew Nova was a good guy. He doesn't like the Empire because of the destruction of Alderaan. That dream he had of Solo killing him is a little intriguing. I think he could easily evade it but he doesn't do it. Could it be because he subconsciously wants Solo and Leia to escape? But I'm getting ahead of myself because that was only a dream. I wonder if he will allow the dream to come true or if he will evade Solo's shot?

Rico

I do like how all the characters are pretty much coming together now.  One slight disappointment is how they are now starting to interweave the first Star Wars movie into the story.  I find it a bit weak because we all know where the story is headed.  I didn't quite expect it to get to that point.  Thought this would mainly follow the construction phase of the station.  It's ok but I find it a bit cheap, if you know what I mean.

billybob476

Well, it's kinda like Titanic, in the end we know the Death Star will be destroyed. Does that mean that these characters will all die? That would be disappointing.

Duffster

I agree with you Rico, I hit the parts that overlap with Episode 4 and was jolted by the fact that they were actually the same exact scenes, with the same dialogue! I wasn't pleased by that at all. It would be ok, if there were more alternate viewpoints of the same scenes, but good grief, the same word for word dialogue??

Duffster
www.thehugonaut.com

Darth Gaos

I at least like how they are expanding (at least in a small way) some of the scenes.  Example:  Vader feeling that elusive "something" about Leia aboard the Tantive IV.  I actually (at least so far) am enjoying the overlap.
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?