Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Wired's Top 10 Cheesiest Classic Creatues

Started by billybob476, November 20, 2007, 12:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

Star Trek's 10 Cheesiest Classic Creatures
By Lore Sjöberg

Having conquered television, movies, videogames, comic books, paperbacks and lunch boxes, the original Star Trek crew moves into high definition this week. The first season of Star Trek: The Original Series beams onto store shelves Tuesday in an HD DVD/DVD combo pack that looks better than ever.

To celebrate, we're reliving the glory of 10 of the best monsters and creatures to stomp, ooze or float across the screen in the groundbreaking TV series. Thanks to the magic of high def, and a painstaking digital remastering effort, you can now see these monsters in more detail than ever before -- although, to be fair, that doesn't make them look any more convincing.

http://www.wired.com/entertainment/hollywood/multimedia/2007/11/gallery_star_trek_monsters

Darth Gaos

What a great read.  SOme of that had me laughing out loud
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

wraith1701

Is it a bad sign that I could instantly name 8 out of 10 of these creatures? :unsure

Looking back, I have to agree; they are kind of cheesy.  Funny thing is, all but the melkotian, space amoeba, and red jack scared the crap out of me as a kid. :laugh:

Rico

Sorry - I never considered a Tribble a cheesy creature.  A small furry purring pet.  What's not to love?  Also most of those creatures are from after season one.

wraith1701

Quote from: Rico on November 20, 2007, 03:36:26 PM
Sorry - I never considered a Tribble a cheesy creature.  A small furry purring pet.  What's not to love?  Also most of those creatures are from after season one.

I hear you; I just remember finding them subtly creepy.  I think it's because you can't see their face or eyes.  I remember wondering "what's under all of that fur?  A bunch of eyes and teeth?"

jedijeff

A Private Little war is one of the episodes that I have seen the least. I like it, but for some reason, it was one I never saw that often on TV. I always thought the Mugato was probably the worst costume in Star Trek, as it really was just a guy in an ape costume. I know a lot where costumes of one sort or another, but that one never had me thinking anything else then a costume you could get at a costume store for Halloween.

billybob476

I think it was the Mugatu

Not to be confused with Mugatu: