News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Treks in Sci-Fi Book Club

Started by Duffster, November 06, 2007, 08:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jobydrone

Quote from: Ktrek on November 06, 2007, 05:45:39 PM

Star Trek and Star Wars books do not really lend themselves to thoughtful or provacative conversation.

Kevin

Umm, I dunno about that.  Our buddy Rico has been able to come up with some pretty thoughtful and insightful things to talk about Star Trek for his podcast for more than two years now.  I think we might be able to manage to come up with something to discuss, especially considering some of the absolutely great ST books there are out there.  Frankly, I am not that interested in being involved in a deep conversation anyway.  Fun, entertaining, and enjoyable are okay with me, deep I can do without.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

billybob476

Star Wars-wise I can get into some pretty involved discussion regarding new jedi order, the thrawn trilogy, black fleet crisis, etc. Some of these books do actually have something to say.

markinro

Quote from: billybob476 on November 06, 2007, 12:36:56 PM
The problem with one chapter for week is it could take a year to read a book! Maybe we need an approximate page count, say 100 pages, corrected to the closest end of chapter.

I read all the Dan Brown books in about 2 weeks.   How about 4 weeks max/book ?

turtlesrock

sounds good to me! peter david books are great. maybe q squared or vendetta? ;)